Author Topic: What files do I need to edit for wrong airline service equip?  (Read 6158 times)

B777ER

If it's in the manual I did not find it. What specific files do I need to edit to get say Delta ground equipment to show at a particular gate? I keep getting Airtran and Jetblue stuff at the Delta gates with Blueprint's Orlando scenery and am tired of it. If I have to edit the afcad, what program do I use to do this with? I would have liked to have seen the gsx program have some sort of UI to do this but it does not.
Eric

Angelo

Re: What files do I need to edit for wrong airline service equip?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 08:51:30 am »
+1 ^^^ I have four different airlines servicing my Southwest aircraft, I would like to know how to do this as well.

Pooch

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 11:52:16 am »
It is in the manual of the paintkit at page 7 and 8:
edit the sim.cfg for each single GSE you want to see and add
couatl.icaoprefixes = insert ICAO airport Code
couatl.atc_parking_codes = from aircraft.cfg

example:
[fltsim.64]
title=FSDT_Staircase_large_LH
model=
texture=LH
couatl.icaoprefixes = ED ET EDDK EDDS EDDB EDDL EDDN EDDM EDDH EDDC
couatl.atc_parking_codes = DLH,DLHX,LHT,CLH,GEC

for Umberto: please consider to implement an additonal sorting string couatl.atc_airline as many parking stands are shared by different airlines
Peter

B777ER

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 04:53:57 pm »
Maybe this is the problem. None of the PMDG NGX aircraft have the atc_parking_code string in their stuff:

atc_airline=DELTA
atc_id=N389DA1
atc_flight_number=211
atc_model=737-800
atc_parking_types=GATE,RAMP
atc_type=BOEING

EDIT: Nope, still getting Airtran.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 06:10:26 pm by B777ER »
Eric

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 06:14:34 pm »
This is explained in the GSX main manual, and in much greater detail in the PaintKit manual.

The selection of service vehicles is NOT dependent on the atc_parking_code of the airplane you are flying! What affects the selection of the handing company, is a *scoring* system, calculated using the ICAO code of the airport, matched against the couatl.icaoprefixes of the *vehicle*, which gets a score depending how many letters are matched AND it gets an *additional* boost to the score, in case the the parking code of the *parking* matches the vehicle.

The atc_parking_code of the user airplane, instead, affects the selection of the livery of the ULD containers ONLY.

The reasoning behind this, is that services vehicles companies are local to the airport, so are not affected by the user airplane (if I land my Alitalia plane at JFK, I doubt I'll ever find any Alitalia crew there), but the ULD containers loaded ARE dependent by the airline of my own plane.

Of course, there are fallbacks in place so, if the airplane doesn't have any atc_parking_code, the ULDs will be selected just like the vehicles, using the icao+parking selection score.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 06:37:31 pm by virtuali »

B777ER

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 06:20:22 pm »
It would be nice if the livery of the ground vehicles could be customized via the customization of the parking spot UI.
Eric

Maurice Pratt

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 07:25:12 pm »
Then how can I remove the moving stairs when using specific gates at Las Vegas KLAS?  As this is an fsdreamteam addon airport, the "customize this parking position" isn't available?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 07:32:44 pm »
Then how can I remove the moving stairs when using specific gates at Las Vegas KLAS?  As this is an fsdreamteam addon airport, the "customize this parking position" isn't available?

As explained in the updated GSX manual, which comes with the 1.3 update, you can obtain this result by customizing your airplane, and removing the doors you don't want stairs attached to. For example, removing the Exit 4, will remove the rear stairs on a jetway-equipped parking.

It's also much faster doing it by editing the airplane, than having to edit each and every parking of every scenery you need to customize.

booforty

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 08:03:17 pm »
Umberto, I flew a BA 747 from Heathrow to FSDT's KLAS.  At Heathrow, BA containers were loaded as expected.  However, whilst deboarding at KLAS the containers unloaded had "Spirit" on them.

In the aircraft.cfg of the 747 it does have atc_parking_code=BAW which I thought was the key to ensuring you get BA containers.

Do you know what might be happening to cause the different containers or what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2012, 08:50:12 pm »
In the aircraft.cfg of the 747 it does have atc_parking_code=BAW which I thought was the key to ensuring you get BA containers.

The correct keyword is atc_parking_codes, not atc_parking_code

booforty

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2012, 09:35:57 pm »
Ah ha!  That is probably why then!  :D

Lovely, thank you as always  ;)