Author Topic: New legacy Bug on the horizon...  (Read 26379 times)

Victory103

Re: New legacy Bug on the horizon...
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2012, 09:11:49 am »
Your comments, suggestions, criticisms are WELCOME. I don't like getting involved in flame wars or "you said, I said..." type of arguments, and I can see that this is a smart and caring community at FSDreamteam so please bear with me if I don't answer what I don't seem fit.

Jose, you have that right, just look at the effort put into the stock Hornet. I personally would like to see developers ask for help within reason for a given subject aircraft starting with early WIP pics. I tried to help a big name developer on my real world mount, not to "rivet count", but when there are gross scale issues/inaccurate shapes that a potential customer may overlook. They were too far into the project or just didn't care not sure which. Sludge has stated many times on this forum there is only so much he can do to the Accel Hornet, with the knowledge base here and the rest of the Iris team, you should have a highly sought after model.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS

joanvalley

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2012, 09:31:14 am »
Yup! Kudos to your comments guys. I usually show screenshots since the very beginning of a project mainly for three reasons:

1.- Expert eyes can catch mistakes and I can mend those.
2.- Potential or new modelers can see the process and maybe learn by observing or asking.
3.- I love sharing the work because I'm proud of it!

If you could hear me sitting in front of the computer making jet sounds while I stare at what I've done recently.:)

Right this minute I'm starting to build the vertical tail, or give detail to the right side one, I will show a screenie later on FB.

Thanks!

Jose.

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2012, 09:20:03 pm »
Great to hear you are active in taking/receiving inputs and feedback from the community!  The question that I have is, are you strictly dealing with the 3-D modeling of the Legacy Hornet, or are you also involved with the flight handling and Flight Control System (FCS) of the bird as well?  Do you know if you guys are planning on implementing some sort of active FCS system, to augment the Hornet's flight characteristics based on its different flight modes, or are you going to just stick with the parameters provided by the .air file and aircraft.cfg alone?  Thanks in advance.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

joanvalley

« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2012, 08:14:11 pm »
I think it's too early to talk about what we want to do with the Hornet systems wise mate, but I'll let David know of your questions and if I get anything I'll share it. The FDE and the rest of the model will be worked on by other team members, I just model the aircraft, so right now, we are focused on shape accuracy and there are a few guys that on Facebook caught some mistakes early in the screenshots, I mended them and it's going strong. I believe we as developers should listen always to whoever has something to say about a certain project, that's how it becomes better and better, debates are good, arguments not so much.

One note though, I heard David (IRIS) saying he wants to give proper justice to the Hornet so he may be talking of a platinum series aircraft, which means all the bells and whistles, I will confirm that as we go along anyway.

Ok, now the fun part of me asking for help; I need to know how exactly (or close to) is the Blue Angels variation different to the deployed fighting Hornets please. Like, If the guns were removed, are the gun/exhaust holes covered? a good quality photo might help a lot too. These type of things.

I appreciate all your help guys and don't want to sound like a salesman here, but an avid Hornet aficionado which I am.

Jose.

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2012, 11:09:42 pm »
Jose...

I need to know how exactly (or close to) is the Blue Angels variation different to the deployed fighting Hornets please.

JIMI is just the guy you need to ask about most of these questions. I'm guessing other than that they USED TO fly Alphas but now fly the Charlies, the main differences would be the slick paint, smoke generator, and the internals (modified pumps for longer inverted flight time; cockpit stopwatch/clock; cockpit panel shroud switches/gauges). The VBA internal model pic shows the stopwatch and the switches on the panel shroud.

Like, If the guns were removed, are the gun/exhaust holes covered? a good quality photo might help a lot too. These type of things.

The Hornet pic should tell all the answers... yes, the gun and vent holes are covered up and painted over.

Later
Sludge

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2012, 07:47:49 am »
Well that made my job easy! Lol. Thanks for fielding the questions Sludge. It's been a very long day and I'm just getting in. Sludge pretty much nailed it, only other thing that I can think of is the small, bendable hose that is routed around the left exhaust nozzle that feeds the Parafin-based solution to the jet exhaust that produces the smoke that the Blues are famous for. Below is a picture illustrating the mentioned hose on the left side.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 06:25:47 pm by jimi08 »

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

Timghetta

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2012, 03:43:26 pm »
Hey Guys,

For those on Facebook, you might want to check out Jose's page with the Legacy Hornet he is doing.
http://www.facebook.com/Angel3dStudio

GOONIE

« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2012, 06:53:33 pm »
Jose,

I saw these legacy hornet design/model/skin shots over on Seven G, http://seveng.forum3.info/t163-hornet-model-skins-progress

Thought you would enjoy checking them out, or talking with those guys too.

-CAPT
"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

joanvalley

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2012, 01:13:16 am »
Thanks! I surely will!

Jose.