Author Topic: Are the computer specs ok???????????????????????????????????????????????????????  (Read 4552 times)

Josh4forest1

Hi all i think it is the time I re-new my current pc for the ever demanding fs world!! I currently have cs 757 and uk2000's east midlands ( I haven't got any FSDT aiports I am ashamed to say because I only fly in the uk!) but if any one with decent computer knowledge ( unlike myself) could say if these specs are up to the job of fsx, it would be much appreciated.....
Processor   Intel Core i7-2600 (3.4 GHz, 2.0 DMI FSB, 8 MB L3 cache)
Operating System    Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64
RAM   8GB, DDR3, 10600MHz
Graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti with PureVideo® HD technology
Hard drive   2 TB, 7200rpm, SATA 3G.                  I don't have enough knowledge to OC it or anything else to change how it performs sadly. On this system I would run add ons like: ut2,heathrow,cs 757,gsx,Rex,and photo real scenery. Any comments appreciated, Josh
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 04:25:03 pm by Josh4forest1 »

Johnathan Pata

Hey Josh,

Looks like have a screaming machine you should have no problem running fsx.
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10850K
OPERATING SYSTEM:Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium, 64Bit
HARD DRIVE: 1 SAMSUNG EVO 840 SSD with 2TB HDD and a 875W Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply
MEMORY: 32GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz   
VIDEO CARD:4GB NVIDIA GTX 960

furger

Josh,

The system look great for FSX. However you might want to think on replacing your keyboard. The "?" seems to be bouncing  ;)

Andreas

Josh4forest1

Ok thanks you 2 and lol andreas wanted an ansew cause was waning the pc ASAP ! Lol : )

eastern

Between you and Johnathan why settle for FSX? You have more then adequate computing power to fly your own military drone (UAV) while making a video of your flight for you tube.   
Awesome system don’t worry about over-clocking unless you now want to fly the Space Shuttle to Mars from the comfort of your home.
 ;D

Superpilotv2

Hey Josh, you might ask this question at the Avsim forums, there are very helpful and ecxperienced people put there.

http://forum.avsim.net/

Josh4forest1

Ok thank you, don't need to put it on avsim trust you lot but thanks for the link.. Cheers josh

bensmini

Josh you have my specs exactly, the only thing is with FSX at ultra high on all the choices you may run out of memory after two hours of flying, so I increased my RAM to 16GB, which is all my MOB would take. Flying with real time weather seems to take a lot of memory but it is what I like to do.  So far GSX hasn't hurt much but have'nt had it long enough to tell.

have some good trips, bensmini

Josh4forest1

Ok thanks what add ons do you use and how many fps do you get (roughly) cheers Josh  ;D