Author Topic: Missing Marshal  (Read 6986 times)

bkwood20

Missing Marshal
« on: April 01, 2012, 06:56:47 pm »
Ever since I downloaded the update I have been missing the marshal. Any thoughts?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Missing Marshal
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 08:53:55 pm »
That can't be possibly related to the update, which hasn't changed anything related to the marshaller.

If you are missing ONLY the marshaller, it's possible you have change some video driver setting OR you have the Advanced animations option disabled in FSX.

bkwood20

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 01:48:13 am »
Everything works except the guy telling me when to stop, and thats because he's NOT there anymore. I have tried a default FSX 747 at another airport and still nothing. Also, I have never seen the "Advanced animation " option in FSX or changed anything with my video drivder or card.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 03:54:08 am by bkwood20 »

bobbyjoh

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 03:49:20 am »
Virtulli,

When you position your aircraft on the T and the jetbridge lines up with the front pax door, is possible to have the aircraft or airport config change the parking position in the AFCAD or GSX to know where the marshaller should make you stop in the future?

Love this product is such fun to watch things going on around the tarmac.

Bob Johnson
DTW 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 10:30:09 am »
Everything works except the guy telling me when to stop, and thats because he's NOT there anymore. I have tried a default FSX 747 at another airport and still nothing

Are you *sure* is "not there", and not simply behind the building wall ? As explained on the manual and several times on the forum too, the marshaller position is based on both the airplane radius and the eye position, the higher the eyepoint, the farther away the marshaller will be placed so, it's possible that with a 747 he's inside the building.

The algorithm is a bit different if the parking has a jetway (a real FSX jetway), but still can happen if the parking radius as specified in the AFCAD is fairly large, and of course it depends on the airport layout, which GSX doesn't know anything about it, except for the AFCAD.

Which is why, we have a "Max Marshaller distance" parameter in the "Customize this parking position" option, so you can fix those problematic parkings and control the marshaller appearance.

Try a parking in the apron, or a smaller airplane.

Also, I have never seen the "Advanced animation " option in FSX or changed anything with my video drivder or card.

It's in the FSX video settings, not possible you can't see it.

bkwood20

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 02:21:50 pm »
I'll try what you suggested as far as parking on the apron. I have also looked all through FSX setting and dont see advanced animations anywhere.

If what you suggested dont work then I will try a re-install and see if that fixes it. Im telling you, I had no problem with GSX intill I downloaded the update. Thanks for the help and I'll let you know what happens.

bobbyjoh

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 10:46:26 pm »
Virtulli,

When you position your aircraft on the T and the jetbridge lines up with the front pax door, is possible to have the aircraft or airport config change the parking position in the AFCAD or GSX to know where the marshaller should make you stop in the future?

I think I asked this question wrong.  I can see the marshaller now, what I as asking can I park my aircraft on the T line that lines up with my pax door and then have GSX adjust the parking spot to where I am.  I would like the marshaller to give ma stop taxi sign where I made the adjustment.  Now the marshaller gives me the stop taxi sign where the AFCAD has it.

Love this product is such fun to watch things going on around the tarmac.

Bob Johnson
DTW 

bkwood20

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 12:18:23 am »
Virtuali, you were right of course. The marshall was inside the building, so I was got messing with the marshall distance and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good distance to put the at. I find that the default is to far, he ends up in the building.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2012, 10:53:01 am »
was wondering if anyone could recommend a good distance to put the at. I find that the default is to far, he ends up in the building.

Nobody can recommend an universally good marshaller distance, because it depends on THAT parking, and the relationship the surround scenery (the terminal building) has with the radius of the parking in the AFCAD AND the eye point height of the airplane you are flying.

The Max Marshaller distance parameter does exactly like its name says: put a maximum limit on the result of the default GSX calculation, to prevent going inside the building. You want to set it up to the largest possible value, just before he goes inside the building.

D_mitris

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2012, 05:26:46 pm »
As he said the distance varies.   If it helps I had the same issue at FlyTampa's Midway airport and after setting the marshall distance to 10 I was able to see him guide me in again.

Now if we could only get marshallers at all the terminals at KDFW that would be the icing on the cake.

bkwood20

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2012, 05:46:08 pm »
Cool. I'll try 10 and go from there. Thanks