Author Topic: Couatl Engine not loading with FSX startup  (Read 3769 times)

Highiron

Couatl Engine not loading with FSX startup
« on: March 26, 2012, 10:06:30 am »
Hi Umberto,

I have a rather unusual problem. I used my FSX installation for the first time in over a month and I now have a problem with the Couatl engine not running when FSX loads up. As a result my FSDT airports are missing parts of buildings such as roofs, but taxiway lights and signs remain. When I check under the Add-Ons tab on the FSX menu bar, "Couatl powered products" is not displayed, but the "Addon Manager" is.

If I minimize FSX and navigate to the FSdreamteam folder within FSX and run the Couatl.exe, all the structures are present within FSDT airports, and "Couatl powered products" is now showing under the Add-Ons tab under the menu bar. This all dissapears again when I shut down FSX and restart it again.

I have uninstalled the Add-On Manager and Couatl engine several times and reinstalled, always with the same result. All the files are present, but the Couatl engine is not being launched with FSX startup requiring me to start it remotely outside of FSX. I ran the Simconnect Log Tool and nothing is coming back faulted.

Any idea of what may be causing this?

Cheers,
Cpt. Thad Wheeler

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl Engine not loading with FSX startup
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 10:12:17 am »
If the program runs manually, it means everything is fine with it.

If doesn't start with FSX, maybe there's a problem with your EXE.XML  (located at %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX ), check the Couatl section is there.

Of, it's possible another addon module you installed which installs something in the EXE.XML, is causing the problem. In this case, it might be worth trying rearranging the order of the launch addon sections in the EXE.XML

Highiron

Re: Couatl Engine not loading with FSX startup
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 10:26:51 pm »
Thanks Umberto, I concluded the same thing as other programs are also not launching. I'll try re-arranging the EXE.XML as you suggest, thanks.
Cheers,
Cpt. Thad Wheeler