Author Topic: Prepar3D Upgrade Problem  (Read 3584 times)

reever

Prepar3D Upgrade Problem
« on: March 24, 2012, 07:17:35 pm »
Hi Umberto,

I've just upgraded my Prepar3D installation to version 1.3.3708 (Academic).
When attempting to reinstall FSDreamteam modules, the message "This product requires Prepar3D 1.2.3253 to be installed" appears, and the Prepar3D installation option is bypassed.
 Do you plan to modify your installation modules to accommodate this and future P3D upgrades?

Robert

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Prepar3D Upgrade Problem
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 10:04:46 pm »
It's not an installer problem, meaning the installer is not very smart and doesn't accept future versions of P3D. The problem is, the installer does that check, because every new release of the product will require we update the Addon Manager too to support it, because there are some things Simconnect still doesn't provide, so we need to look for them directly in memory, so every new build will require a new Addon Manager so, if the installer didn't stopped you, the Addon Manager would refused to run anyway, otherwise the program would very likely crash.

So, in order to use the P3D 1.3, we need to update the Addon Manager too. It's not a difficult tasks, but it might still take some days. My P3D 1.3 installer is still downloading now as we speak...

It's no different for FSX, we still have to support a specific version, so in FSX we support only SP2 and Acceleration, but after those builds, it wasn't updated in 5 years so, nobody really uses RTM or SP1 anymore.

Highiron

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 04:41:59 am »
Thanks for the heads up Umberto.

I'll hold on to my 1.2 install until you have updated your files. I can not fly anymore in sims, without your airports. Default=yuck!
Cheers,
Cpt. Thad Wheeler

JakeEyre

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 01:45:01 pm »
Like Highiron, I too cannot fly without your excellent products. I only have 1.3 though!1! :(

Can I also commend FSDT for their stance toward the additonal work and compatibility issues that must have gone into making FSDT products work with P3D.
I am also highly impressed that they are not charging for additonal licences to use my already purchased FSDT products with P3D.

I find this attitude most refreshing, and wish that certain other devs on-board with P3D would see it the same way, instead of wanting an addtional cost for each and every product they have sold me a second time. Boo ::)

All the best and thank-you for some most excellent sceneries

best

jake

p.s Will Hawaii 1 and 2 ever be compatible with P3D?