Author Topic: Deboarding sequence won't complete. Unable to proceed!  (Read 11559 times)

crauds

Deboarding sequence won't complete. Unable to proceed!
« on: March 25, 2012, 01:25:39 pm »
Hi Umberto.  Do not remember having this problem before the last update (1.3) + fix.  In a post yesterday I experienced problem that rear conveyor would not remove from plane after loading baggage and rear stairway did not remove far enough to allow clearance from left wing during pushback.  That was when I used sequence of Catering-Fuel-Boarding-Pushback.

Today using same airport and gate (VVTS default / Gate 13 / PMDG NGX B739(wl) ) I tried sequence beginning with DEBOARDING and baggage trains drove off after unloading baggage but when passengers had deboarded I received message that baggage was still unloading.  This never cleared.  I then tried to complete sequence with Catering and Refuel and it would not comply.  The following message kept appearing on the screen after ALL deboarding and baggage unloading HAD COMPLETED:

« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 03:51:56 pm by crauds »
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

crauds

Re: Deboarding sequence won't complete. Unable to proceed!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 02:22:07 pm »
An update to my OP:

I used same airport (VVTS) and gate (13) but this time switched aircraft to PMDG B738(wl) instead of B739 and started with Deboarding and I first received "Baggage unloading complete" message (which I can't remember receiving with B739 in my OP) and then again a notice when deboarding was complete.  So this time I was then able to proceed with Catering/Fuel.  I am going to test the boarding sequence next to see if equipment moves out of the way correctly.

Why would this problem be aircraft type specific?

Craig
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

crauds

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 03:28:00 pm »
Continuing from last post.  The next step:  Boarding.

This time it was very unique.  The passengers completed loading before the baggage trains even arrived.  So the message:  "Boarding completed.  Baggage loading in progress" was indeed fitting.  After the baggage had been loaded and trains departed the message "Boarding completed" appeared and the conveyors moved back appropriately.  The rear staircase, however, still did not move back far enough to allow left wing clearance on pushback. 

I am going to try again with the B738(wl) but this time starting with Fuel then Catering then Passenger Boarding and will report the results again in this thread.

Craig
Craig Williams

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 03:43:16 pm »
...I used sequence of Catering-Fuel-Boarding-Pushback.

You'll need to request deboarding, then catering-fuel-boarding-pushback.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

crauds

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 03:48:16 pm »
Please reread my OP.  Both sequences were tested:  starting with deboarding AND started with Catering.  BTW, a flight from a cold-dark aircraft does not start by deboarding passengers.  They don't sleep on the plane overnight! LOL  Both sequences worked with the B738 but not with the B739.
Craig Williams

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2012, 04:06:44 pm »
Both sequences worked with the B738 but not with the B739.

Sounds like an aircraft issue, the 738 is supported internally but the 739 isn't.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

crauds

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2012, 04:38:15 pm »
Ah-ha!  Now that is an answer.  Thank you!  It just could be that the other members of the forum that are having the same issue are using aircraft that are also not supported.  Is this something that can be soon corrected? The PMDG models are fast becoming the choice of the sophisticated FSX user and the B739 is being used by many carriers.  Is there something that we users can tweak in the new aircraft cfg option that will fix this?
Craig Williams

tf51d

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2012, 05:20:49 pm »
That's the conclusion I came up with too after a number of tests! Look at my post in the other thread. If the aircraft is supported, or there is a gsx.cfg file for it, all is well, if it not supported, the process gets stuck!

Lawgiver

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 10:08:01 pm »
I was under the impression that all FSX default aircraft are supported by GSX.  My issue is with the default 737 and default airports posted here  http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=6209.msg54748#msg54748  I can't get past the default aircraft yet. Maybe I will try a popular 3rd party AC and see if GSX will function as it should.

Regards,
Rob

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2012, 10:48:25 am »
That's the conclusion I came up with too after a number of tests! Look at my post in the other thread. If the aircraft is supported, or there is a gsx.cfg file for it, all is well, if it not supported, the process gets stuck!

That's probably the first really useful post we got about this issue: I didn't even knew a 737-900 existed so no, the airplane is not recognized, so GSX is relying on the aircraft.cfg file and, since PMDG always use custom command for doors, it's very likely everything is stuck, since the program doesn't know what to do with doors.

So, it's possible a supported airplane works, but an unsupported using non-standard doors command might not.

You can test this, by doing a GSX.CFG file that commands to ignore all door open/closed status, with the following command:

code = 0

into every [exitX] section of the GSX.CFG file, there's no need for the moment to include anything else so, it will look like this:

[exit1]
code = 1

[exit2]
code = 0

[exit3]
code = 0

[exit4]
code = 0

[service1]
code = 0

[service2]
code = 0

[cargo1]
code = 0

[cargo2]
code = 0

This will ignore all the doors, put it into the airplane root folder, and check if it makes a difference.

Lawgiver

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2012, 11:04:32 am »
Hi Umberto,

What do those of us do who are using the default AC??  The link to my post is here http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=6209.msg54748#msg54748   In my case, the default 737 gets "stuck".  Didn't have any problems with the default AC in the previous versions of GSX.

Regards,
Rob
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 10:21:15 pm by Lawgiver »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2012, 11:14:40 am »
I'm sorry, but I can't see any problems here. I always try to get ALL this information:

- The EXACT sequence of operations

- The airplane, the airport and the gate.

But, somehow, I usually get some of them, but not all, someone reports the airplane and the airport, another one reports the airport and the gate, nobody every included *everything* in the report and, with the few data I have, I can't replicate the issue.

By "EXACT sequence of operation" I mean something like this:

1) I started FSX

2) Loaded a flight at XXXX, starting at gate YY with the ZZ airplane

3) Used GSX at departure, and asked for catering, then refueling, then boarding.

Lawgiver

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2012, 11:52:53 am »
OK, I understand.  In my case with a big update like this, I wanted to see the new additions.  I started FSX, selected spawn on an active runway at default KCAK with the default 737.  Turned off on the second taxiway and called up the GSX menu Ctl F12.  Selected a gate, the first being 5 at KCAK.  Was marshalled into the parking position without issue.  Called up the UI and selected deboarding.  The stairs pulled up to the rear of the AC and both belts pulled up to the cargo doors.  I also used the jetway.  The tugs pulled up, unloaded the bags and drove off.  GSX advised deboarding was complete.  I called for catering service and thats where GSX goes no futher.  The UI advises catering service requested waiting for deboarding to be completed.  Waited for over 20 minutes and reset GSX starting with catering service this time skipping deboarding and all services completed without issue.  Ended the flight.  Spawed on the runway again this time selecting gate 3 at KCAK.  Same problem there as well.  Didn't have any door issues.  I took screens of the UI and gates which are posted on my other post.  I have started a flight on the runway before to see GSX in action without any issues.  The only thing I did differently this time was not ask for a follow me vehicle.  Note:  I should also add I selected real world weather updating every 15 min.  The runway FSX selected was #1 at default KCAK
An additional note:  The sound file that plays when the bags are being unloaded continues to do so long after the baggage tugs have left.  I don't remember hearing that sound after the tugs left in the previous versions.

Regards,
Rob  
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 09:06:43 pm by Lawgiver »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2012, 10:32:17 pm »
One of my tests today was the situation you already described at KCAK, asking Gate 5 from runway 1 with the default 737, and using a Follow Me too. I DID made that test, because you already describe it precisely enough.

Of course, no problems whatsoever, deboarding completed normally without any unusual waiting time.

crauds

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2012, 05:49:38 am »
Another complete uninstall and re-install of V1.31 + updates.  Made sure no interference with anti-virus and I keep UAC in VISTA 64 always OFF so these aren't issues.  Deactivated UT2 but still have same problem.  It unloads baggage before it has finished deboarding passengers.  When passenger deboarding finishes it announces that "...Baggage unloading in progress."  But all trains have left and there is no more baggage that will be unloaded so program must be waiting for some action or variable value so that it can end the deboarding process but it never happens

And here is where it stays with no change:
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 05:52:54 am by crauds »
Craig Williams