Author Topic: Baggage trucks vary with PAX number?  (Read 4146 times)

alpha117

Baggage trucks vary with PAX number?
« on: March 23, 2012, 07:55:28 pm »
I think I read that somewhere on the new 1.3.

If so when does it read the PAX numbers?
I use the PMDG 737. If I start with 85 PAX and then 'deboard', but my outbound flight is 185 PAX,
so I change the FMC to reflect the PAX change, does this change also reflect in GSX and you should
get more baggage carts.

So far I only get 1 at the front and 1 at the back, regardless of the PAx numbers

Regards

Clive

Travis

• Beta tester
Re: Baggage trucks vary with PAX number?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 12:10:07 am »
Hi Clive,

The manual still mentions that the pax count is estimated by the in-use stations' weight divided by 220. (lbs.)

Hopefully a future version's API would allow pax count (and other values) to be passed to GSX.  :)
travis@aivlasoft.com
travis@fscaptain.net

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 10:51:00 am »
If so when does it read the PAX numbers?
I use the PMDG 737. If I start with 85 PAX and then 'deboard', but my outbound flight is 185 PAX, so I change the FMC to reflect the PAX change, does this change also reflect in GSX and you should get more baggage carts.

As explained on the manual, it reads it from the total station weight, divided by 220 lbs, which is an industry standard rough estimate of how much a single passenger + luggage weight.

So, in case of the PMDG, if the Passenger number you set in the FMC also have an effect on the actual stations weight, GSX will read it. If, instead, it's only a cosmetic change OR the effect on the weight is stored in some custom variable instead of the standard one, GSX doesn't have any means to calculate the number of passengers.

alpha117

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 12:50:10 pm »
Understand, thanks....but when does it read the 'station weight' and how/when does GSX react to that change
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 01:52:32 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 01:52:41 pm »
Understand, thanks....but when does it read the 'station weight' and how/when does GSX react to that change

The station weight is in the aircraft.cfg, but GSX reads it from Simconnect each time it needs to make a calculation based on it so, even if gets changed while the sim is running, for example if you use the default Fuel/Cargo page in FSX, or if the airplane has another way to set it in real time, GSX will read it correctly, as long the standard variable for it is used.

The only case when GSX can't read it, is if the airplane has a non-standard way to store it.