Author Topic: Airbus X wrong ULD for front cargo department  (Read 4921 times)

Pooch

Airbus X wrong ULD for front cargo department
« on: March 23, 2012, 12:57:16 pm »
For the Airbus X A321 on departure ( did not check on arrival yet ) arrive AKE instead of AKH for the front cargo dept.

I tried to correct this with a short GSX.cfg with only the 2 cargo sections indicating both with Uldcode = AKH using the sample of the Manual:
- correct ULD arrive but the cargo loader is too high ( default A321 )
- omitting the pos setting results in no ULD delivery to the aircraft

obviously each single GSX.cfg sections must be complete ( in the above case the pos setting may not be ommitted ), but this means I need to re-adjust settings which are already fine with the internal database.
To avoid such "fiddle" it would be comfortable if the data from the internal database could be read by the user and used for the GSX.cfg if necessary.
Peter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Airbus X wrong ULD for front cargo department
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 01:19:25 pm »
For the Airbus X A321 on departure ( did not check on arrival yet ) arrive AKE instead of AKH for the front cargo dept.

No, they don't. I've checked here, and the correct AKH type is used, only on the rear door, and a conveyor belt is used on the front door.

It's possible you have an intelliscene.cfg file too, with priority manually set to 3 ?

To avoid such "fiddle" it would be comfortable if the data from the internal database could be read by the user and used for the GSX.cfg if necessary.

We already have that option ready, we just need to add a menu option to it.

Pooch

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 01:32:08 pm »
Code: [Select]
No, they don't. I've checked here, and the correct AKH type is used, only on the rear door, and a conveyor belt is used on the front door.
That is default, but I have eddm_aerosoft.pye disabled and the gate customized to cargo loader also at front cargo compartment and I get AKE there.

It's possible you have an intelliscene.cfg file too, with priority manually set to 3 ?
There is an intelliscene.cfg, but I do not understand what means priority 3 .. the file reads
[Descr]
Type=A321
[Geom]
Nosegear= 13.6
Door1=-1.95, 13.75, 3.3, 5

We already have that option ready, we just need to add a menu option to it.
Good news, thanks

Peter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 01:40:10 pm »
That is default, but I have eddm_aerosoft.pye disabled and the gate customized to cargo loader also at front cargo compartment and I get AKE there.

Ok, that's explains it of course. Since you forced the front cargo to use a cargo loader, but the GSX internal database has the AKH set only for the rear door, you got the default, which is AKE (the most common container type).

This means you have to set the door with the GSX.CFG, but the door has to be set with all its parameters.

There is an intelliscene.cfg, but I do not understand what means priority 3 .. the file reads
[Descr]
Type=A321
[Geom]
Nosegear= 13.6
Door1=-1.95, 13.75, 3.3, 5

Forget the priority question, is not an issue here. It's strange the file only has the main passenger door, if it had all the doors, you could have just copied the coordinates of the front cargo from there.

You'll have to find the settings yourself, shouldn't be too difficult with some tries. If you use the GSX "Reset position" command, the file will be re-read without having to reload the airplane.

ganesh

• Administrator
  • Developer of Couatl
    • Gamecentric
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 05:35:20 pm »
I have just tried and with this gsx.cfg:

[cargo1]
uldcode = AKH

[cargo2]
uldcode = AKH

I get AKH-type ULDs for both cargo doors, as expected. Is your gsx.cfx file different from that?
Ganesh
Developer of Couatl

Pooch

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 06:43:32 pm »
Ganesh, simple and perfect solution ! Perfect !

Is your gsx.cfx file different from that?
Yes, I copied the lines from the manual and omitted only the values in the pos line

Thanks a lot
Peter