Author Topic: Can't customize parking spot  (Read 10115 times)

hockeyplaya

Can't customize parking spot
« on: March 18, 2012, 10:06:49 pm »
What do you do when your at an airport and for every gate you can't bring up the option (number 6) to customize the parking spot. The only airport i'm having this problem at is KATL Imagine Sim. Everywhere else is fine and the option pops right up. What do I need to change in order for that option to pop up

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Can't customize parking spot
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 10:18:25 am »
The only reason why the customize parking option is not available, is the airport is already customized by GSX but, since we never made a customization for KATL, this seems to be strange so, the only option left, is that something unusual in that airport AFCAD. Does GSX works normally there ?

hockeyplaya

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 02:22:18 pm »
GSX works perfectly fine, only the stairs are coming up to my plane and I don't want them to due to the fact that a jetway already does. I'm running AES with all vehicles off except for the jetway. I do the same thing at boston with fly tampa scenery and it works great. I can customize every spot at KBOS, just not KATL.

booforty

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 03:08:29 pm »
Virtuali,

GSX has worked beautifully at Max Kraus' Barbados Airport scenery and I could previously customise all of the parking spots.  I mostly use gates 11-17 which for some reason didn't have pushback option but I could customise these gates to have pushback and it worked perfect.

A few days ago, Max released an update to the scenery http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxscen&DLID=166861

Since installing the scenery update GSX won't allow me to customise any of the parking spots anymore.  GSX is working at the airport but the parking spots 11-17 don't have pushback facility which I would like to change as before.

I have the latest GSX updates and have given it a few days to see if it sorted itself out but it hasn't.  Please could you check whether you can customise parking spots on your version? 

Many thanks :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 05:14:43 pm »
Tried it (nice scenery, btw) and nothing unusual with customization, it works with the original, the first fix and the taxi G fix.

booforty

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 07:07:42 pm »
Thanks for checking, much appreciated.

Strange, ok gates 9-13 I can get pushback but not gates 14-17.  Can you get pushback at gates 14-17?

And I have no option to customize at any gate?  ???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 07:33:11 pm »
Strange, ok gates 9-13 I can get pushback but not gates 14-17

That seems to be normal. Pushback has been correctly set in the scenery for gates 9-13, but is set to None from 9 to 16. I see it as "Both" at Gate 17.

Can you get pushback at gates 14-17?

Only 17, but of course I can customize every position.

And I have no option to customize at any gate?  ???

That's strange too, because the AFCAD hasn't changed name between the updates and doesn't have anything wrong at first sight.

Try to force FSX to recreate the whole scenery cache, by removing the following folder:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\SceneryIndexes

and let GSX do the same, then see if it makes any difference.

hockeyplaya

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 08:19:23 pm »
What do you mean by "and let GSX do the same"? But I tried removing my scenery index and no bueno.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 11:00:50 pm »
What do you mean by "and let GSX do the same"? But I tried removing my scenery index and no bueno.

When FSX rebuild its cache, GSX will do the same at the next start, and won't let to use any of its services until it's done.

hockeyplaya

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2012, 01:38:30 am »
Ah, well I'm afraid it didnt work =/

Buggsy44

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2012, 04:23:14 am »
I also have the same problem with some of my payware airports, especially Imaginesim KDEN v2 (FSX). Both stairs and coming up at all of the gates with jetways.

And a side note= My PMDG 737NGX, in PMDG's Southwest Colors, when parked at gates at Concourse C (SW), only Frontier service vehicles appear. How to fix this? I'm not sure but I think the Frontier service vehicles are there for all planes i.e. United, American etc. Maybe Frontier is the only one activated in Denver?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2012, 10:25:53 am »
I also have the same problem with some of my payware airports, especially Imaginesim KDEN v2 (FSX). Both stairs and coming up at all of the gates with jetways.

I'm not sure if by "the same problem" you are referring to the inability to see the "customize this parking position" menu option at that airport, or just the fact (as you are describing it) that all stairs comes at gate with jetways.

Because, as explained many times already (and it's clearly explained in the GSX manual too), if the scenery doesn't have real jetways, GSX can't know there is a jetway there, which is why we have the option to customize a parking position in the first place.

So, you have to customize it and, this thread is about an user not seeing the option to customize a parking on a specific airport so please, be more specific and confirm if this is your case too, or you just reporting having stairs on parkings with a jetways on 3rd party sceneries with fake jetways, because this has to be expected.

And a side note= My PMDG 737NGX, in PMDG's Southwest Colors, when parked at gates at Concourse C (SW), only Frontier service vehicles appear. How to fix this? I'm not sure but I think the Frontier service vehicles are there for all planes i.e. United, American etc. Maybe Frontier is the only one activated in Denver?

As explained in the GSX manual, vehicle assignments depends both on airport codes AND the parking codes. If two companies are assigned to an airport, but the parking code of the scenery has a code for a company but not the other, the one with a matching parking code will always get that parking. If both have a parking code, the selection will be random again.

NZ255

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2012, 01:40:58 pm »
I'm having the same problem with NZWN default. I can get pushback, but don't get the option to customize any gates.

I've rebooted, reinstalled GSX 1.5, rebuilt the scenery index default AFCAD but looks fine.

Is someone able to check out NZWN to confirm if the problem's just mine?

Thanks a lot

Nick

Pooch

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2012, 05:37:46 pm »
Nick, I tried NZWN default and GSX works just fine, no problem to customize gates.
Ciao, Peter

NZ255

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2012, 09:30:40 am »
Thanks Peter!