Author Topic: Trouble with adding logo  (Read 3157 times)

honanhal

Trouble with adding logo
« on: March 18, 2012, 03:44:22 pm »
Hi,

I tried to add the Biman Bangladesh logo for the staircse--and this is the result I got. The stairs look like they're made of highly reflective black onyx, instead of the white I expected. The dds file has an alpha channel that appears to be set up right. The texture.cfg for the staircase reads as follows:

[fltsim]
fallback.1=..\..\FSDT_Staircase\texture.BIMAN
fallback.2=..\..\FSDT_Baggage_Loader\texture.01
fallback.3=..\..\FSDT_Marshaller\texture.arab_1

Any idea what I might be doing to cause this?

Thanks for any help,
James

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Trouble with adding logo
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 10:28:23 am »
You shouldn't have changed the texture.cfg that came with the paintkit, which looks like this:

[fltsim]
fallback.1=..\..\FSDT_Staircase\texture.01
fallback.2=..\..\FSDT_Baggage_Loader\texture.01
fallback.3=..\..\FSDT_Marshaller\texture.arab_1

the first fallback line refers to the ..\..\FSDT_Staircase\texture.01 folder, which contains all the main textures for the staircase so, by changing it to the location of your logo, caused the missing textures.

Instead, you leave the texture.cfg as it was, inside a new folder named texture.BIMAN you should create under the FSDT_Staircase_USER folder AND put your GSX_logo_4x1.dds file THERE

So, the logo will take precedence of the the files in the fallback folders, but the other textures will be loaded from there.

honanhal

Re: Trouble with adding logo
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 10:59:18 am »
Umberto,

I knew it had to be something stupidly fundamental like that--thanks so much! Problem solved.

Best,
James