FS9 support > Los Angeles support FS9

Corrupt installation

<< < (2/3) > >>

Skyrock:
Okay, now I get the problem. The FS is asking for an activation for Cloud9 Los Angeles, however, I don't have any scenery installed, its only listed in the Addons Manager but not as active. What can I do to delete this issue?

virtuali:

--- Quote from: Skyrock on March 12, 2012, 01:18:45 pm ---Okay, now I get the problem. The FS is asking for an activation for Cloud9 Los Angeles,
--- End quote ---

This because you have a Serial Number for Cloud9 Los Angeles in the registry, but is not activated

--- Quote ---however, I don't have any scenery installed, its only listed in the Addons Manager but not as active
--- End quote ---

As I've said, the installation status doesn't have anything to do with the activation. A scenery can be active but not installed, or installed but not active.

This is made so you are free to uninstall / reinstall a scenery as many times as you wish, without having to worry about losing its activation. It would be wrong if the registration was removed by simply uninstalling the scenery.

--- Quote ---What can I do to delete this issue?
--- End quote ---

Just let it activate, even if you don't have the scenery installed, so it won't ask for it anymore.

Skyrock:
But when I press "Yes" there's an error "-25001 Serial not found"

virtuali:

--- Quote from: Skyrock on March 12, 2012, 03:20:00 pm ---But when I press "Yes" there's an error "-25001 Serial not found"
--- End quote ---

This means your Serial is wrong. However, I've checked the failed activations log, and found some activations errors from your IP that indicates you have a serial labeled as "None", which is not normal, since if the Serial is "None", it shouldn't even *try* to activate it.

Are you sure you are using a current version of the Addon Manager, not an old one, maybe the one that came with the Cloud9 scenery ? Download the Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FS9 and check if the message goes away.

Skyrock:
Okay, I installed the latest version of the AddOn Manager (standalone installer), however, I can't get rid of this message. What I wonder is, since it's about the Cloud9 Scenery and not FSDTs, is there a way to kill it completely? I don't need the Cloud9 Scenery at all...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version