Author Topic: F1 Super MD-80 Pro: asking me to open the Main Door & Airstair?  (Read 7893 times)

Noel

I know this has to be most basic, but this bird has built in guides and I don't see any special commands beyond Ctrl-E to open/close the main exit door, and this isn't satisfying GSX as it keeps asking for this even though the main door is open.  This is for boarding.  Any ideas?  I'm just trying this amazing software out but am stumped already.  I did read the section re this in the GSX docs, but again don't see any other way to open doors w/ the MD-80.

Thanks in advance,

Noel

DrJ1

Re: F1 Super MD-80 Pro: asking me to open the Main Door & Airstair?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 06:51:08 pm »
Cntrt-E and the press 2 shortly after will lower the air stair which is what GSX is asking for.   I have mentioned to FS Dreamteam that the air stair should not be needed if the aircraft is connected to a jetway.   Hopefully they will fix that.

Edit:  Actually it is Shift-E  for the main door and then Shift-E  plus 2  shortly after --- Sorry.  Cntrl -E is auto start for the engines
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 09:09:38 pm by DrJ1 »

Noel

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 07:25:21 am »
Cntrt-E and the press 2 shortly after will lower the air stair which is what GSX is asking for.   I have mentioned to FS Dreamteam that the air stair should not be needed if the aircraft is connected to a jetway.   Hopefully they will fix that.

Edit:  Actually it is Shift-E  for the main door and then Shift-E  plus 2  shortly after --- Sorry.  Cntrl -E is auto start for the engines

Many thanks for that.  I tried it tonight but no joy :-[  Don't know why, but Shift-E + the number 2 just after doesn't do anything but shut the main door again.   I wonder if this is unique to the Super 80?

If you have any other ideas send them if you don't mind.  Thanks again!

Noel
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 07:51:11 am by Noel »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 12:24:22 pm »
I can only confirm Shift+E and *then* 2 shortly thereafter works with the F1 MD80 too, there's nothing specific to it, it uses a standard FSX door command, just like the default, the only difference is that the Exit 2 command controls the airstair, instead of the cargo door, and the airplane doesn't have an animated cargo door.

You just need to get your timings correct.

Noel

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 05:10:52 pm »
I can only confirm Shift+E and *then* 2 shortly thereafter works with the F1 MD80 too, there's nothing specific to it, it uses a standard FSX door command, just like the default, the only difference is that the Exit 2 command controls the airstair, instead of the cargo door, and the airplane doesn't have an animated cargo door.

You just need to get your timings correct.

I think the developer of the MD80 Pro I'm using is Coolsky.  Is this the same one as you are using Umberto?  Gosh, I tried so many permutations of Shift+E, then 2, that it just doesn't seem to work.   What I have been doing is:

First:  hit Shift-E to open the main exit
Second: hit Shift-E at the same time, then immediately hit 2.

This sequence always closes the main door again!  And the message persists.  Frustrating!

Any other thoughts?

Addendum:  GSX reminds me to 'remember to operate the jetway . . .'.  I tried this by hitting Ctrl-J, however I can't tell if anything happens.

I did notice that if I hit Shift-E then the 2 virtually immediately after, BOTH the main door open, and another door opens, I think.  There are two messages about this, main and exit door, or something like that.  Even so, the message continues, "waiting  . . . to activate the door and airstair" or whatever it is saying.  Frustrating!  Any other ideas Umberto?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 06:00:01 pm by Noel »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 07:28:17 pm »
I think the developer of the MD80 Pro I'm using is Coolsky.  Is this the same one as you are using Umberto?

Obviously yes, it's a supported airplane in GSX, if it wasn't, you wouldn't be seeing all the specific custom messages about its doors.

Second: hit Shift-E at the same time, then immediately hit 2.This sequence always closes the main door again!  And the message persists.  Frustrating!

This works just fine, and operates the airstair. You just need to get your timing right.

Note that, this doesn't have *anything* to do with GSX, which doesn't change anything to the doors operations: it only READS their status, but opening them it's exactly the same as if GSX was never there. So, I guess you never see the MD80 Airstair before...

GSX reminds me to 'remember to operate the jetway . . .'.  I tried this by hitting Ctrl-J, however I can't tell if anything happens.

As explained, countless of other times already (in the forum, in the manual, everywhere...) GSX doesn't operate, doesn't change, doesn't read, doesn't write, is not affected by and doesn't control *anything* related to the jetways. It only knows IF a jetway is there but again, its operation is exactly the same as it was if GSX wasn't there.

So, if you are on a parking with a jetway (which airport, which gate ? ) and the jetway doesn't work, that's nothing to do with GSX, it wouldn't worked even if you never installed GSX.

Any other ideas Umberto?

Just get you timings right. It works here, sorry. If you really can't, simply assign the secondary door to a different key with FSX

Noel

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 07:56:07 pm »
Hi Umberto,

OK, finally found some others with the exact same problem.  One solution posed was to reassign the Shift-E command to a single keystroke such as '\', and voila this solves the problem for me.  I guess this suggests the issue has to do w/ another piece of software changing something about the default FSX way of handling door opening.  In any case, thanks, and for others who will manifest this issue it will be helpful for them for you to remember this potential work around.  I know this is NOT about deficiencies in GSX, but again, it's a practical work around.

Cheers,

Noel