Author Topic: willing to pay for your hard work  (Read 6283 times)

fls

willing to pay for your hard work
« on: March 03, 2012, 08:11:58 pm »
Active runway at least make it an option so we can finally get rid of yellow lines forever. WILLING TO PAY FOR THE WORK!!!!!!

Frank  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

marvic

Re: willing to pay for your hard work
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 08:40:29 pm »
Active runway at least make it an option so we can finally get rid of yellow lines forever. WILLING TO PAY FOR THE WORK!!!!!!

Frank  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Yellow lines are real, why would you get rid of them. Are you referring to a follow me vehicle to the Active runway? The runway is the wide long strip with lights around it and numbers on each end.
Cheers, Marvic.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 09:16:28 pm »
I think he's talking about the progressive taxi arrows...  ;D
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

marvic

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 09:53:28 pm »
I think he's talking about the progressive taxi arrows...  ;D
Yep Bruce, I was trying to be silly.
Cheers, Marvic.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 12:00:52 am »
You can get rid of the yellow lines already, at landing...we are planning a follow me to the active, although I'm fairly sure (just like the rear stairs on gates with jetways) lots of people will ask how to turn it off, because is not very common, at least not everywhere.

marvic

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 04:14:34 am »
we are planning a follow me to the active, although I'm fairly sure (just like the rear stairs on gates with jetways) lots of people will ask how to turn it off, because is not very common, at least not everywhere.
Please have a way of switching this off. I do not know where in the world they offer this service, scares me that pilots can't find the runway. Yikes!
Cheers, Marvic.

pete_auau

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 04:38:38 am »
yea i vote  no   there  are  taxi  signs   that  u  can follow  to the  active  plus  isnt  there  a  follow  me  arrows  if you use  fsx   atc   since  havnt  used  that  for  ages

wb2002

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2012, 07:43:14 am »
yea i vote  no   there  are  taxi  signs   that  u  can follow  to the  active  plus  isnt  there  a  follow  me  arrows  if you use  fsx   atc   since  havnt  used  that  for  ages

Not all situations are the same. I would like to have this as an option also - to use or not use. When using FSX ATC and acknowledging rwy to taxi to for takeoff, if you for some reason forget or mistakenly acknowledge instead of repeat, there is no way to ask for takeoff rwy again and you have to use the arrows (which looks rediculous) or a "FollowMe" program which I use.

wb2002

ASUS P6X58 Premium/Intel i7-930 OC TO 4.2
Mushkin Redline (3x2GB) 6-8-6-24/Win 7 Ultimate 64
EVGA GTX 580/Thermaltake W0106 700W PSU

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 12:21:19 pm »
I do not know where in the world they offer this service, scares me that pilots can't find the runway. Yikes!

As I've said...

I can only confirm it IS being used in real world. Just that some people think it's not, only because it's not very common, read here for a real world example at Budapest:

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/3104379/