Author Topic: Marshaller directs aircraft too far forward for jetway activation  (Read 4393 times)

crauds

Just got the product yesterday.  Still getting acquainted with everything.  I have been using it with NGX and have noticed that marshaller is directing the aircraft to park too far forward of the position required to activate the Jetway.  Each time I have had to slew the aircraft backwards.  I am using default FSX AFCADS but have updated some of them to conform with current airport layouts.  I have not adjusted the gates or the terminal buildings but noticed the problem in CYWG gate 30 and KCLE gate B5.  Though both gates had correct size and T-distances set in the AFCAD they did not display the "T" ( a known problem with many default FSX parking gates).   The gates are correctly positioned, however, in the AFCAD and any aircraft positioned exactly according to those AFCAD depicted gate positions would be correctly placed.  Does GSX use the "T" positions or the actual parking position from the AFCAD to determine the "stop" position used by the marshaller?  I notice that my UT2 aircraft also are often placed too far forward.  Is this something that I need to tweak in the AFCAD or something I must adjust in GSX?  I hate to think of having to edit individual gates one at a time through GSX.   
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Marshaller directs aircraft too far forward for jetway activation
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 04:09:55 pm »
As explained in other threads too, the parking tee doesn't do anything in FSX, it's just a cosmetic effect. GSX will guide you so the airplane will end up with its reference point (the red cross you see in Top Down view) in the center of the airplane parking, as defined in the AFCAD. AI airplanes will also park at the same place, regardless of what is set on the tee distances.

I've tested one of the examples you mentioned, KCLE default, at Gate B5, and the airplane is parked too far for the jetway to activate and well ahead of the tee, even by simply going to that parking with the standard "Go To Airport" menu, and it's not even really aligned with the yellow line so, it's clearly nothing related to GSX, but it's a problem of the default AFCAD of that airport.

crauds

Re: Marshaller directs aircraft too far forward for jetway activation
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 11:52:28 pm »
Thanks Umberto.  I now have a better understanding of what needs fixing.   My apologies for implying it was caused by GSX.

Craig
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64