Author Topic: Error during install: No internet connection available...  (Read 7143 times)

Archiehh

Error during install: No internet connection available...
« on: February 29, 2012, 10:39:27 pm »
Hi Umberto!

My problem is that the installation of GSX causes an issue during the couatl.exe download. I received a message "No internet connection available. press NEXT to use local bglmanx files". This message also appears during an installation of the stand alone addonmanagerX. My couatl folder shows a file named "couatl" with 0kb. Trying to install the latest version of KORD shows me an uncorrupted couatl.exe in the couatl folder and both - couatl.exe and bglman.dll - are added to the fsx.cfg after installation. But there is no couatl entry in the Addons menue. It seams that this version is to old.

How can I get rid of this error message and receive a couatl.exe that works with all my fsd airports?

Frank

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Error during install: No internet connection available...
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 12:23:10 am »
Be sure you turn off all antivirus, firewall and other security programs, maybe they are blocking the download or online access to the installer.

Archiehh

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 09:46:50 am »
My antivirus software was totally turned off during the installation process. I've downloaded the KLAX scenery and tried the setup. The installed couatl.exe from this setup worked for me! All Buildings are back again.
But the error message still appears, with or without antivirus active.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 12:08:40 pm »
I'm sorry, but since I don't see any error message right now, and nobody else is reporting it, it must be a problem on your end, something is still blocking access to the server.

The KORD installer use only one server, but the KLAX installer (like the GSX one) use two mirrors, choosing at random which one would tried first, so it's really unlikely they would be both offline, the most likely explanation is that something is blocking online access to the installer on your system.

But that's not really a problem, if you download and install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager now, that one is always kept updated with what's online so, even if it can't access the internet for any reason, the local copy of the files is the same as the one online so, even accepting to continue using the local files, would still get you the same installation.

PaulDM

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 06:31:18 pm »
Getting the same error. Posted a screenshot. I have my antivirus and firewall off.
PaulDM

Hnla

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 06:44:16 pm »
Getting the same error. Posted a screenshot. I have my antivirus and firewall off.
PaulDM

That's not a problem with GSX at all, you obviously don't have an internet connection! (As the message says ?)

PaulDM

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2013, 06:49:36 pm »
Well without an internet connection I would not have been able to post.  >:(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2013, 06:55:57 pm »
The problem might be your firewall blocking online access to the installer, be sure is off and try again.

zap51

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2013, 05:45:05 pm »
I am having the same problem when I try to update.  I have turned of my firewall and I still get the 'No Internet connection available, press Next to use local bglmanx files'.  I've hit next before and have gone that rpoute.  Is this connected to the fact that my KDFW scenery cuts out when I use GSX (Catering, Bouarding, etc)? 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2013, 06:38:57 pm »
I am having the same problem when I try to update.  I have turned of my firewall and I still get the 'No Internet connection available, press Next to use local bglmanx files'.  I've hit next before and have gone that rpoute.

As already discussed in other threads, we had one of our two mirrors down because of too much bandwidth used due to the Black Friday sale. Only one of them is currently unavailable, but the installer will randomly select which one to use so, just try again until it finds the one that is up.

If you DOWNLOAD and INSTALL the current version of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, this will work regardless if you get the server that is down or the one that is up, because it contains the same files that it was supposed to download online.

Is this connected to the fact that my KDFW scenery cuts out when I use GSX (Catering, Bouarding, etc)? 

It shouldn't be but first download and install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, THEN we'll check why you are having problem.

braced

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2013, 02:01:15 am »
I'm having the exact same issue. I posted my problem in another thread. I've tested my internet connection and speed (28MPS) and turned off all my virus protection and I get the same result.
Then my FSX would not start as a result of this "update". I fiddled with it for several hours and got it to run with GSX but half the vehicles are clear and the program runs for awhile then shuts off and does not appear in the ADD On pop down menu. Any solutions yet? I guess I should have left well enough alone. Like I stated in the other thread, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Sorry Virtuali, I'm ranting a bit here, but it is frustrating when an update fails. Is there a way to uninstall/reinstall the GSX without losing the aircraft specific files that I spent hours programing?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 03:33:55 am by braced »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2013, 02:11:37 pm »
I'm having the exact same issue. I posted my problem in another thread

Which is why you shouldn't repeat it here (what's the point of being followed on two threads about the same issue ? ), also considering you have been already replied to in that thread.