Author Topic: Parking Editor - option 6 not available anymore  (Read 4381 times)

Pooch

Parking Editor - option 6 not available anymore
« on: February 28, 2012, 03:40:28 pm »
I used the parking editor yesterday for one gate at EDDM and after saving I have a eddm.ini in AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\GSX. Today I wanted to modify it but option 6 is not showing anymore at any gate in EDDM ( no other GSX action taking place ). I also tried to edit the ini-file directly and also a temp deletion of the ini-file, but no option 6.
Any solution ?

Option 6 in other airports I tried is available before and after using the parking editor.

Re manual page 21 requirement #2: which airports are already configured by FSDT? Is there a list or are these only FSDT airports ?

Thanks, Peter

Pooch

Re: Parking Editor - option 6 not available anymore --maybe solved
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 05:02:37 pm »
Issue is maybe solved: I deleted the shader cache in AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX and had it rebuild by FSX - for the moment option 6 at EDDM is back.
Peter

Pooch

Re: Parking Editor - option 6 not available anymore
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 05:16:21 pm »
Unfortunately the delete/rebuild of the shader cache was no lasting cure as it happens again in EDDM: no option 6. Also the settings in the previous eddm.ini (hasjetway = 1, nopassengerstairs = 1) are not executed -with option 1 the stairs arrive.

Any clue?
Thanks, Peter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 08:03:13 pm »
EDDM doesn't have the customize option, because it's already been customized by us.

Check the fsdreamteam\Couatl\GSX\airports folder, there's a list of all airports that have been already customized, so the option 6 won't work there.

If you remove the relevant *.pye file, it will work but, keep in mind you'll lose our customization (so it's really not something you want to do with FSDT airports), and in case of a Live Update, the file will be restored.

Pooch

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 02:47:18 pm »
Thanks for the work-around - I will keep your recommendation in mind !
I understand that the .pye file includes your pre-config for the whole airport which is of course more useful than to user-config every parking of an airport. But there might be one or the other situation that a user would like to change the config at certain parkings, therefore it would by nice if .pye and .ini could coexist, meaning to make available option 6 also for pre-config A/P.

FYI eddm.pye I observed at gate 218 with a default A321 that 3 stairs arrive even though the jetty has been activated with CRTL-J

Peter