Author Topic: ILS system defunct @ PHOG after FSX.cfg reset for me  (Read 3319 times)

tnorton776

ILS system defunct @ PHOG after FSX.cfg reset for me
« on: February 25, 2012, 12:47:26 pm »
Did a FSX.cfg rebuild and it solved a lot of problems and greatly enhanced my FPS, overall im very happy.

However, there were a couple hiccups. So i've narrowed the issue down to PHOG. All of my other FSDT airports Cat III ILS systems are fully functional.

Any ideas virtuali?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: ILS system defunct @ PHOG after FSX.cfg reset for me
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 12:55:08 pm »
The PHOG AFCAD has its ILS correctly set, I don't see how an fsx.cfg reset could affect it, the only thing that could possibly alter ILS behavior would be another AFCAD for PHOG in a higher layer in the Scenery Library, but then the file involved would the the scenery.cfg, not the fsx.cfg
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 10:12:12 pm by virtuali »

tnorton776

Re: ILS system defunct @ PHOG after FSX.cfg reset for me
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 02:27:12 pm »
>> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA <  ::) ::) ::)

I gotta *laugh* at myself. Thank God for ILS Identifiers...

Here is what happened -

In Airport facilitator X (AFX) I created an ILS for HANA PHHN RWY 26, and named it IABC and gave it 20 miles range and the SAME ILS frequency as PHOG's IOGG 110.1. by accident /facepalm

So im so frustrated I resort to stock CRJ and by golly... I tune in once more unto the breach ---- 110.1 and wha BAM... WTF mean >>>> IABC <<<< ?!?  ??? ??? ??? PHOG = IOGG!!!  >:(

The IOGG RWY 02 ILS was cutting out on my approach because it was really just picking up the beam all the way from the damn newly inserted HANA rwy 26 IABC I made which I guess was overriding my PHOG IOGG ...

The issue is solved, everything is fine.

Moral of the story = make sure you set ILS's from nearby airports to DIFFERENT frequencies... /double facepalm

::)