Author Topic: Jetways;  (Read 4057 times)

wingnut

Jetways;
« on: February 20, 2012, 10:50:35 pm »
Hello;
I have a question about the jetways at KLAX,KLAS,when I request a jetway,the wheels sink into the ground,and the jetway looks a little higher,I was just wondering if the jetway is suppost to lower itself with the wheels showing.

Mark
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 10:52:32 pm by wingnut »
Mark W.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetways;
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 10:54:37 pm »
That's a limitation of the standard FSX jetways: even the default ones at default airports sometimes do that. Nothing we can really fix, we just modeled the 3d jetway, but it's FSX that moves it.

wingnut

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 11:32:42 pm »
Hello;

Thank you for your reply,just wanted to make sure.

Thanks;

Mark
Mark W.

theshack440

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 05:56:38 am »
That's a limitation of the standard FSX jetways: even the default ones at default airports sometimes do that. Nothing we can really fix, we just modeled the 3d jetway, but it's FSX that moves it.

Umberto, this problem always bugs me because there are some planes that, when I call the jetway, the jetway lowers itself with the wheels showing (at least at FSDT airports). Are there any reasons for why it sinks into the ground for some planes and lowers itself ABOVE ground for others?
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 01:40:28 pm »
Are there any reasons for why it sinks into the ground for some planes and lowers itself ABOVE ground for others?

Yes, the FSX code that controls this have bugs. It's has been confirmed by ACES people that the wheel handling routine doesn't work well.