Author Topic: Install FSDT Airports  (Read 11152 times)

pcubine

Install FSDT Airports
« on: February 19, 2012, 03:14:10 pm »
Umberto
In several weeks I will be installing around 7 FSDT airports onto a new computer. I did this about a year ago and it seems like I was downloading and installing the Stand Alone Manager forever to get these airports to work right. Can the Stand Alone Manager be downloaded and installed and the serial numbers entered for each airport once the installers for all airports have been run?
Thank you
Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine

NZXT H440 Mid Tower, ASRock Z170 MB, i7-7700K (OC 5.0), Corsair Hydro H1 15i Liquid Cooling, 32GB DDR4 TridentZ SDRAM 3000MHz, 11GB NVIDA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Video Card, 1000 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: Install FSDT Airports
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 03:57:12 pm »
If you deactivate them from the old computer first, it will generate .reg files for each scenery.  Just copy those to the new computer and run them to reactivate.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

pcubine

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 06:10:50 pm »
Bruce
I don't want to copy anything from the old to new computer. Once the hardware is setup I will install Windows7. FSX and then start to install addons.
Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine

NZXT H440 Mid Tower, ASRock Z170 MB, i7-7700K (OC 5.0), Corsair Hydro H1 15i Liquid Cooling, 32GB DDR4 TridentZ SDRAM 3000MHz, 11GB NVIDA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Video Card, 1000 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 08:05:09 pm »
I don't want to copy anything from the old to new computer.

You don't have to.

Those .REG file don't do anything special: they are just a shortcut to save you from the hassle of manually typing your Serial Number when you'll have to register on the new computer, that's it, they don't have any other purpose, you can lose them without any consequences.

pcubine

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 09:15:58 pm »
Bruce and Umberto
I see the files and will copy before uninstalling airports and paste after installing.
Thanks
Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine

pcubine

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 06:47:56 am »
I installed KJFK and KDFW on a third computer which has FSX on it. The reg files from the previous installaton were copied and pasted from the first computer. I installed KJFK. It came up in the trial version mode. When I atttempted to register it I received a message the Stand Alone Manager was out of date. Downloaded and installed the manager and completed the registration. Five minutes later installed KDFW. Same deal as with KJFK. Trial version, try to register, download manager is out of date, download manager, install, complete registration. SOS as the last time I did a reinstall of FSX and addons a year ago. How can a Stand Alone Manager be out of date in five minutes?

Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 10:53:15 am »
How can a Stand Alone Manager be out of date in five minutes?

The Addon Manager should be installed AFTER all the sceneries, and only once, there's no need to keep reinstalling it after every scenery, it's enough to install it once, but after all the sceneries.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 03:08:00 pm »
Another trick when reinstalling that many sceneries is download all the installers first, then unplug your internet connection until you install the sceneries, then plug it back in for the stand alone addon manager.  Without that connection, it can't retrieve all those files off the server every time and installation runs faster.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

pcubine

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 07:59:55 am »
How can a Stand Alone Manager be out of date in five minutes?

The Addon Manager should be installed AFTER all the sceneries, and only once, there's no need to keep reinstalling it after every scenery, it's enough to install it once, but after all the sceneries.
Umberto

Here is good one for you. Tonight I decided to install KLAX and KORD and then the Stand Alone Manager and register the airports in the windowed mode. The boxes requesting that I trust never appeared. But I pressed on with the installation. When I pressed fly now the progress bar showing the loading of the flight went to 100% and then the screen went blank. After several attemtpts with no better results I uninstalled KLAX and KORD using Control Panel\Programs and features and answered yes to uninstall Stand Alone Manager and Coult Engine. Still a blank screen. Then I uninstalled KJFK and KDFW figuring if there were no FSDT airports on the computer FSX would work. It does because I get the splash screen and all the other screens like free flight, settings, learning center, etc. The screen just goes blank after I press free flight and it loads, I can also quit a flight by pressing the Esc button and clicking on end flight. I just have a blank screen after the flight loads and before I click on end flight. Any ideas on what the problem might me?

Thank you
Michael Cubine

I just thought of another question. Should I be installing the original installer that coud have been downloaded anywhere from six months to two years ago or should I download and install the airports from the FSDT website?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 08:08:47 am by pcubine »
Michael Cubine

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2012, 12:15:40 pm »
I uninstalled KLAX and KORD using Control Panel\Programs and features and answered yes to uninstall Stand Alone Manager and Coult Engine. Still a blank screen

That's the end of the story: if you really answered yes to uninstall Stand Alone Manager and Coult Engine, and FSX still doesn't load, it's absolutely sure your problem doesn't have anything to do with anything made by us. That uninstall IS really a clean uninstall.

Any ideas on what the problem might me?

Apart for now being sure it's nothing related to FSDT products, no.

I just thought of another question. Should I be installing the original installer that coud have been downloaded anywhere from six months to two years ago or should I download and install the airports from the FSDT website?

As explained many times, if you don't want to redownload all the scenery installers, be sure to always install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager AFTER all the sceneries has been installed.

pcubine

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2012, 04:30:14 pm »

Apart for now being sure it's nothing related to FSDT products, no.

Umberto
I didn't think it was related to FSDT products and it wasn't. It had to do with switching from a 1920x1200 monitor to 1920x1080 and not changing the value in fsx.cfg. JFK, ORD, DFW, and LAX have been installed and then the Stand Alone Manager and the products registered. HOWEVER, LAX only has jetways - no terminals. The other three airports seem allright.

Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2012, 07:31:37 pm »
As I've said in my previous message:

install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager AFTER all the sceneries has been installed.

Have you done that ?

pcubine

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2012, 08:39:34 pm »
Yes. It was installed after installation of airports.

Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2012, 11:16:45 am »
Do you have both the Addon Manager and the Couatl menus under the FSX Addons menu ?

pcubine

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2012, 02:56:09 pm »
Do you have both the Addon Manager and the Couatl menus under the FSX Addons menu ?

Umberto

Yes. Both are under Addons menu in FSX.

Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine