Author Topic: airlines choice  (Read 5049 times)

ianj844

airlines choice
« on: February 16, 2012, 01:56:26 am »
Hi i have noticed that you cn make it were there is an airlines assigned to a parking spot for choice of equepment but is there a way to assign an airlines call sign or something like that to eqipment?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: airlines choice
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 10:03:51 am »
If an airline has an ICAO code, GSX recognize it and will print the full name.

If there's no ICAO code for the operator, as common with non-airline handlers or catering operators, whatever string set in the atc_parking_codes parameter for that object sim.cfg file will be displayed.

ianj844

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 02:29:41 pm »
What so like my atc code for American is American yet when I am at KSEA I have yet to get american what else do I need to change

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 04:07:03 pm »
To have American Airlines equipment at KSEA, the KSEA icao should be added as a 4 characters code in all vehicles sim.cfg files for the AA repaint, otherwise it would always lose with those that have it as 4 characters, Alaskan and SkyWest right now.

Right now, American has 4 scoring points only at KDFW KJFK KLAX KMIA KORD, which are all AA hubs, and it has a generic K, scoring 1 point for any airport in the US.

Please read the PaintKit documentation to learn more about the scoring system.

ianj844

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 11:06:31 pm »
I that basically what I am asking is if there is a way to assign equipment by the atc call sign or some other airline info in the aircraft configuration file.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 11:14:49 pm »
I that basically what I am asking is if there is a way to assign equipment by the atc call sign or some other airline info in the aircraft configuration file.

This has been discussed already, and of course is also explained in the PaintKit documentation which I've suggested to read.

The airline code of your airplane doesn't affect in any way the choice of the handling operator, and it would be wrong if it did: if your airline is flying in a foreign country, you can't expect seeing their own equipment at the destination airport.

Instead, it's the *parking* airline code that affects the vehicle selection, but not only, it's a SCORING system, the parking code matters only if there's a "tie" between two or more candidates that have the same score at that airport. Of course, this works best with addons sceneries, because they usually have airline codes in their AFCADs, while default sceneries don't. So, with default sceneries, GSX will do a choice based on the ICAO code.

As I've said, please read the PaintKit documentation to understand exactly how it works.

ianj844

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 12:06:57 am »
Ok now I have another problem when I go to a gate and get the airline that I want in this case southwest the only thing with the logo are the stairs well I happen to know that southwest uses there own catering trucks I have tried to repaint one but still it is gate gourmet or lsg or something like that please help!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 11:02:45 am »
Ok now I have another problem when I go to a gate and get the airline that I want in this case southwest the only thing with the logo are the stairs well I happen to know that southwest uses there own catering trucks I have tried to repaint one but still it is gate gourmet or lsg or something like that please help!

The PaintKit documentation includes everything you need to know to add a repaint of a vehicle at any airport, as seen here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=5900.0