Author Topic: thrustmaster cougar mfd  (Read 6072 times)

sleightflight

thrustmaster cougar mfd
« on: February 12, 2012, 11:16:01 am »
Just wondering if anyone on here uses the cougar mfd panels by Thrustmaster for controlling the sludge mfd panels, I'm trying to find out how to map the soft key buttons, as they are mouse click & not assigned a keyboard press I'm struggling to get Target to map what I want. I have a GUI file for the vrs superbug which works great but I really want it on the sludge to.thanks.

sleightflight

Re: thrustmaster cougar mfd
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 01:01:58 am »
Ok , does anyone know if the ddi soft buttons are mapped to a keyboard command.thanks.

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 04:54:17 am »
Sleight...

Just wondering if anyone on here uses the cougar mfd panels by Thrustmaster for controlling the sludge mfd panels

Ok , does anyone know if the ddi soft buttons are mapped to a keyboard command.thanks.

Sorry, doesn't sound like anyone has the MFD panels, although I could be wrong. But I think there was an earlier FSDT thread about being able to "pull" the MFD soft buttons? You'll have to do some searching but I think you can "pull" the soft buttons for mapping use.

Later
Sludge

Herbie

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 05:04:58 am »

Mouse Macros Maybe your answer. You need FSUIPC module from Pete Dowson. Here is the Link.
http://forum.simflight.com/forum/30-fsuipc-support-pete-dowson-modules/

This is done once for each mouse action you want to replace with a button or keypress operation, and it merely involves running FSX with FSUIPC4 in a special ―mousetrap‖ mode. The macro files needed are actually created for you, with your filenames and your control names. Once you‘ve created some, the drop-down lists of controls in both the Keys and Buttons tabs of FSUIPC will include them for you to assign as you wish---as per Pete's Instructions. have a look at this. Herb

sleightflight

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 09:49:14 pm »
Ok thanks guys, I have a licensed copy of fsuipc so I will look into that , I will also search previous posts for pulling mfd soft keys. Thanks.

rotorhub66

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 01:01:55 pm »
You can find my old post here. http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=3248.0

Just read it carefully a few times, and have a look at the screenshot from FSUIPC. If you can get it to work with mouse macros, then that is probably the easiest way. My post was regarding cockpit building, and having the MFD's on a separate display.

Rotorhub66

sleightflight

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 07:47:38 pm »
Ok I tried programming the buttons individualy having printed the d word command sheet , it didn't work, also when I try creating mouse macros nothing registers to say its recognised the mouse click.not having much joy here , I might go on fsuipc forum maybe fsuipc on my pc isn't working as it should, the GUI file a user on vrs sent me works for the superbug so the panels work but neither fsuipc or Linda seem to work for programming/creating GUI files.