Author Topic: Cannot install..... AGAIN **SOLVED**  (Read 18788 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Cannot install..... AGAIN
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2012, 12:27:22 am »
I have tried again with the same results.

That only leaves the antivirus interfering as the last possible explanation,

I am running 64bit windows 7 pro. Is there a couatl.exe that is made for 64bit?

You said that several times, we ALL run Windows 7 64 (or at least, most of us do), the problem IS NOT the Couatl.exe file being "wrong", a 64 bit OS is perfectly capable to run 32 bit apps. ALL OF FSX is 32 bit! There's nothing in FSX that is made for a 64 bit OS.

The real meaning of that message:

Check your computer's system information to see whether you need a x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program

Is not really saying you are trying to run an executable made for 32 bits in a 64 bit OS, because this works normally, and it's how 99% of your installed software works now. Is saying that, the executable is not valid NEITHER for a 32 bit or a 64 bit, as if it was written for an entirely different CPU.

Since this is not obviously the case, because mostly everybody nowadays uses Couatl.exe, which is a standard 32 bit app just like any other FSX and any other FSX addon out there is (it's not even *possible* to write a 64 bit FSX addon ) under Windows 7 x64, the only possible explanation is that either your antivirus is STILL interfering without warning, like in this case:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=3913.msg40500#msg40500

When I tried to run the COUATl program manually from the file it stated that I have the wrong version for my  operating system which is Windows 7  64Bit

The same user replied after a while:

Lets cancel my last comment I found out by reading the last exception report on my antivirus that it was indeed couatl.exe which was being blocked. I made sure that Web threats was turned off and now everything is fine: couatl shows up and all the bldgs are there!!

OR, if you search Google for that message, there are literally *millions* of hits, and many of them suggests this can also be caused by a REAL virus instead.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 12:29:04 am by virtuali »

prdant

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2012, 12:51:10 am »
Ok, here are the results. I decided to completely uninstall my security, gsx and cleaned the registry. Installed the stand alone installer and stepped through as normal. Launced FSX and coualt was present. I close FSX reinstalled my anti virus , started FSX and couatl is still present. I cannot figure what could have been running in the background but there certainly must have been. I hope that this is the end of it and thanks for your tremendous support, I know I have been a pain in your butt. I will be purchasing KLAS soon and KLAX.. do you plan on making a Denver??

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2012, 12:56:40 am »
Launced FSX and coualt was present. I close FSX reinstalled my anti virus , started FSX and couatl is still present.

Perhaps, by removing it and reinstalling, you just "fixed" something with your antivirus. Just for information, which one is ?

prdant

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2012, 01:03:56 am »
Trend Micro Itanium, it has never allowed a virus in the past, but it is obvious that it was running deep undercover.