Author Topic: GSX uninstalled - but not really?  (Read 22943 times)

Kosta

Re: GSX uninstalled - but not really?
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2012, 12:12:28 am »
Okay, so why does the Live Update restore the GSX?

And now we are coming back to the option of disabling it...
Regards, Kosta

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2012, 12:17:08 am »
Have you actually *read* my last reply ?

It shouldn't do that, perhaps there's a problem with the Live Updater that is online now.

We have two mirrors to get the updater (installing GSX or the Stand-Alone Addon Manager), which one to use is randomly selected when you start the installer, it's possible that *one* of the two mirrors was outdated, and when you ran the GSX or the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, you always got the wrong one, try it again, they are surely both updated now.

Kosta

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2012, 12:31:12 am »
Well, I lost patience, and I deleted everything I could find on VIRTUALI or FSDT.
Reinstalled my sceneries, things are back where they were.

Also the updater isn't creating GSX folder any more, which I guess was the broken file on your side.
Regards, Kosta

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2012, 12:32:19 am »
Also the updater isn't creating GSX folder any more, which I guess was the broken file on your side.

That's what I've said, one of the two mirrors was outdated, you were just unlucky to always get the same one (there's 50% chance to get one or the other)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2012, 12:35:03 am »
Reinstalled my sceneries, things are back where they were.

Which means the *current* version of the Couatl and Addon Manager files WORKS on your system now, since if you ran all the scenery installers now, they downloaded exactly the same version from exactly the same place.

Which means, GSX was never a problem to begin with, and it will surely work now.

Of course, the fact you can't even enable Simconnect diagnostics makes your FSX crashing, is probably a symptom something else is wrong with your FSX install.

Kosta

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2012, 12:35:10 am »

That's what I've said, one of the two mirrors was outdated, you were just unlucky to always get the same one (there's 50% chance to get one or the other)

Thanks for your help.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 12:36:26 am by virtuali »
Regards, Kosta

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2012, 12:38:26 am »
Thanks for your help.

Thanks to your report too, because without it, I might never noticed having an outdated file on one of the servers

Kosta

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2012, 12:39:09 am »
Quite. But I installed by sceneries offline - I have no patience to wait for each scenery to download... and installed latest addon manager which I downloaded just minutes ago.
That worked well.

I now understand that GSX wasn't a culprit, but rather the addon manager. But still, not an error on my side.

About Simconnect - I know, I have been looking for the error for the long long time, even reinstalled FSX couple of times with all my oh about 100 sceneries and aircraft, and still can't find what's causing it. As said, it happens when I click on the 2nd window while FSX is booting. Living with it.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 12:44:04 am by Kosta »
Regards, Kosta

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2012, 12:44:42 am »
I now understand that GSX wasn't a culprit, but rather the addon manager. But still, not an error on my side.

Nobody said you ever made an error, but I can't see how this could be an Addon Manager problem, since your last log showed that both the latest Addon Manager and the latest Couatl were being loaded without errors. Yes FSX crashed then, but that's because of the diagnostic window.

And, installing the Addon Manager at the end didn't cause any problems.

The Addon Manager hasn't been updated for several weeks, the current version dates before GSX was released, and it's still the same.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 12:47:42 am by virtuali »

Kosta

« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2012, 12:49:06 am »
I'm gonna go to bed now, the fact stands that the updated addon manager/couatl, whatever it was, fixed the reappearing of GSX with the couatl updater. That's all I was after.
Reappearing of that caused the ctrl + f12 to work in FSX again, and if I would then choose a gate, an error would pop up since GSX has been uninstalled in CP.

But I don't have any more patience to play around with this - my sceneries are working again, gsx doesn't start up with ctrl + f12, and maybe some of these days, I might install GSX again to test it with AES. I had a problem of disappearing vehicles coming to my aircraft when AES was enabled for the airport.

All I ever wanted is nice animations of vehicles and gate control of AES.
Regards, Kosta

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2012, 12:54:51 am »
I might install GSX again to test it with AES. I had a problem of disappearing vehicles coming to my aircraft when AES was enabled for the airport.

That's not a GSX problem, it's something made by a later version of FSUIPC, which removes all vehicles (including GSX ones) from a parking, to help AES.

FSUIPC is being updated (hopefully soon) to recognize GSX vehicles and not remove them, but in the meantime there's an alternate solution, see this post on Avsim from Pete Dowson:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/361500-aerosoft-aes-vs-fsdreamteam-gsx/page__st__25__p__2247142#entry2247142

All I ever wanted is nice animations of vehicles and gate control of AES.

You surely can, with some juggling, there are several users in this forum that use them together, even at the same airport, just ask around, I'm sure they'll help.

Bruce Hamilton, for example, posted here seveal suggestions how to use both products together.