Author Topic: No pushback vehicles at non GSX airports  (Read 6555 times)

phenocom

No pushback vehicles at non GSX airports
« on: February 15, 2012, 04:26:55 pm »
I have noticed that I do not see any FSX pushback vehicles at non GSX airports( I only have trial GSX mode) I do see the other vehicles.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No pushback vehicles at non GSX airports
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 04:30:43 pm »
There's no such thing as "non GSX airport", since GSX works everywhere.

The GSX installer disables the default FSX Pushback vehicles (and it says so), so you won't see them anymore, the GSX Pushback vehicle will appear only after you select a parking for operations.

You can restore the default Pushback vehicle by renaming the vehicles_airport.gsx file in the scenery\global\scenery folder back to .bgl, but then you'll see both Pushback at the same time. There's no other way to disable it dynamically.

phenocom

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 08:23:49 pm »
Ok I followed your instructions but when I tried to change the extension to bgl I got a warning that file might not work. I said yes to the question and then it came up  with the message that there already is a file with that name. What should I do with the other file?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 10:33:09 pm »
I said yes to the question and then it came up  with the message that there already is a file with that name. What should I do with the other file?

Just remove it, it's the version patched by the GSX installer. The file with a .gsx name is the backup of the original.

phenocom

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 12:50:25 am »
Thank You for your quick response. The default pushback is now there for my AI traffic(I have MY Traffic 2010) and it doesnt get in the way of the GSX pushback vehicle.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 01:00:51 am »
The default pushback is now there for my AI traffic(I have MY Traffic 2010) and it doesnt get in the way of the GSX pushback vehicle.

Yes, more or less.

It might not conflict everywhere, because we purposely made our Pushback starting at an angle, not in front of the airplane like the default one, but in some parking spots (depending on their size) they might still run into each other, and in some airports we customized, there wasn't really any other space left than put it in front of the airplane, so it will surely start on top of the default.

Of course, it's just something cosmetic, it doesn't really affects operations so, if that's ok for you, you can keep both. Of course, there's also penalty in fps if you have all your AI with their own pushback truck in front of them, that was another side benefit of the patching.