Author Topic: GSX uninstalled - but not really?  (Read 22963 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX uninstalled - but not really?
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2012, 11:33:26 pm »
So what can be wrong?

Reinstall GSX, better if you use the current installer, then enable the Simconnect diagnostic:

Open Notepad, and copy the following text:

Code: [Select]
[SimConnect]
level=normal
console=1
RedirectStdOutToConsole=1
OutputDebugString=1
; file=c:\simconnect%03u.log
; file_next_index=0
; file_max_index=9

Save the file as SIMCONNECT.INI in this folder:

Documents And Settings\YOUR LOGIN NAME\Documents\Microsoft Flight Simulator X Files

At the next FSX launch, you should see a text window with diagnostic messages: the FIRST 10 lines or so are important: you should try to note what they are saying. If the text scrolls too fast, use the Pause key on the keyboard.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2012, 11:36:57 pm »
And I tried running COUATL UPDATER from the FSDT folder, with GSX folder deleted, and the first thing it starts download is couatl_GSX.zip.

Why don't you simply trust what I've said ? Fact that it *downloads* that file, doesn't necessarily mean it will INSTALL into the fsdreamteam\Couatl folder.

Check if you have the GSX folder. If you have, remove it. Then run the Couatl_Updater program, and see if you have a GSX folder after it runs.

Of course, all of this is valid assuming you have the *current* version of the Couatl_Updater, which is downloaded when you install GSX or the Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

Kosta

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2012, 11:43:17 pm »
So what can be wrong?

Reinstall GSX, better if you use the current installer, then enable the Simconnect diagnostic:

Done. I guess you are looking for this?
Regards, Kosta

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2012, 11:44:27 pm »
It doesn't show any errors, does both menus appeared now ?

Kosta

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2012, 11:45:55 pm »
And I tried running COUATL UPDATER from the FSDT folder, with GSX folder deleted, and the first thing it starts download is couatl_GSX.zip.

Why don't you simply trust what I've said ? Fact that it *downloads* that file, doesn't necessarily mean it will INSTALL into the fsdreamteam\Couatl folder.

Check if you have the GSX folder. If you have, remove it. Then run the Couatl_Updater program, and see if you have a GSX folder after it runs.

Of course, all of this is valid assuming you have the *current* version of the Couatl_Updater, which is downloaded when you install GSX or the Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

I trust you, that's not the problem.
Yes, I removed the GSX folder, then I run the update, and after updater finished, GSX folder was back there.
I assume I have the latest version of the updater, since I already uninstalled and installed the one from your website.
Regards, Kosta

Kosta

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2012, 11:46:19 pm »
It doesn't show any errors, does both menus appeared now ?

My sim crashes just after that window. I can't get up to the menu. If I restore my simconnect file then all is back OK.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 11:50:42 pm by Kosta »
Regards, Kosta

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2012, 11:53:25 pm »
My sim crashes just after that window. I can't get up to the menu. If I restore my simconnect file then all is back OK.

You mean it's enough for you to enable the Simconnect diagnostics, that FSX crashes ?

Kosta

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2012, 11:56:30 pm »

You mean it's enough for you to enable the Simconnect diagnostics, that FSX crashes ?

Yes, I don't know why it does that.

It also happens with FSX, if I switch to another window while FSX is booting up, it's going to crash. If I just don't push anything, all is OK. Since diagnostics is automatically pulling a window to a front, it causes the crash.
Regards, Kosta

Kosta

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2012, 12:00:38 am »
Oh btw. something else I noticed:

Even if I uninstall GSX from CP, and I enter addon manager from inside FSX, I click on GSX and it says "Product installed, in trial mode".
Regards, Kosta

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2012, 12:03:13 am »
It also happens with FSX, if I switch to another window while FSX is booting up, it's going to crash. If I just don't push anything, all is OK. Since diagnostics is automatically pulling a window to a front, it causes the crash.

I hope you would understand that this doesn't have anything to do with any of our products, the Simconnect diganostic it's a basic FSX function that should always work.

Kosta

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2012, 12:04:46 am »
Yes, I do understand that - I didn't blame you once for that.

Let's come back to the problem of GSX not uninstalling correctly. See my prev post.
Regards, Kosta

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2012, 12:05:12 am »
Even if I uninstall GSX from CP, and I enter addon manager from inside FSX, I click on GSX and it says "Product installed, in trial mode".

That's entirely irrelevant, it will say Trial mode for any product that doesn't have a Serial number in the registry, and will say installed, because it's only something related to the sceneries.

Kosta

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2012, 12:07:33 am »
Okay.

So what about GSX folder being recreated through the updater even if I don't have GSX installed any more?
Regards, Kosta

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2012, 12:10:16 am »
Let's come back to the problem of GSX not uninstalling correctly. See my prev post.

That's not such thing as a "GSX not uninstalling correctly", because it obviously does.

The problem might be the Live Update that restores it, but that doesn't have anything to do with the GSX uninstall process, which is correct.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2012, 12:11:25 am »
So what about GSX folder being recreated through the updater even if I don't have GSX installed any more?

It shouldn't do that, perhaps there's a problem with the Live Updater that is online now.