General Category > Screenshots

O'Hare in FSX with AI traffic at 100%

<< < (3/5) > >>

virtuali:

--- Quote from: thepilot on April 17, 2008, 05:38:16 pm ---Frame rates look ok but I see a loss of quality (if it's not due to resizing...)
--- End quote ---

It's all due to compression: the original BMP at 1600x1200, 32 bit uncompressed it's 5 MB, not a 150K JPG as I've posted.

thepilot:
I dunno, but my frame rates always drop when it's cloudy (FE textures).
21 frames are pretty OK but I think I wouldn't achieve it.

virtuali:
Here's another one, resized to 800x600, but using PNG lossless compression. It's slightly sharpened in Photoshop, to make up for the resizing from 1600x1200 to 800x600.

Traffic at 50%, but still pretty crowded, plenty of Autogen, Clouds with Rain and Thuderstorms.

Alright, I give you the secret: airplane shadows are turned off. That alone, with so many AI, impacts for 7 fps. However, I would be at 22-23 in the same spot.

[attachment deleted by admin]

axiom13:
i can only et 20 fps with all traffic off, and scenery complexity at sparse, that means no jetways. As soon as I bump up scenery complexity or turn on traffic at 30% fps drops to 4. I know my specs are good, i don't feel like they are working.

axiom

Razgriz:

--- Quote from: virtuali on April 17, 2008, 06:02:58 pm ---Alright, I give you the secret: airplane shadows are turned off. That alone, with so many AI, impacts for 7 fps. However, I would be at 22-23 in the same spot.

--- End quote ---

Mine looked crappy and not on with anti aliasing so I decided to turn it off one day and i was like WOW!  I found that out by chance.  I'll check out shadows on the ground and others.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version