Author Topic: Park Issues and Ideas  (Read 3984 times)

Fab10

Park Issues and Ideas
« on: February 14, 2012, 11:19:16 am »
Hi,

Thank you for a truly remarkable product, one that has heightened FSX airport realism considerably - GSX has truly great potential. I hope you don't mind one or two thoughts. 

At many airports when I start a FSX IFR flight, GSX only offers parking options in the menu, likely an AFCAD disparity. I believe that I'm starting at EGKK Gate 25, but GSX doesn't think I'm parked. I'm not worried where the real Gate 25 is, I just want to get going without sorting out AFCAD issues. 

So, if I could taxi or slew myself to where GSX is waiting, or to any of the parking spots or gates available from the GSX park menu, I would, but I'm cold & dark and unable to follow the follow-me vehicle, and it can be hard to spot where GSX is waiting (aprons can be huge or GSX might be buried).

Therefore, could GSX be made to show (show / hide) a really tall flag so that I can quickly slew to the spot where GSX is waiting, and then initiate ground services?

If I don't like where GSX is positioned, I can easily select another parking spot from the GSX park menu until I see the flag positioned somewhere more agreeable, whereupon I can slew there and get going with my flight. 

Also, the parking editor dialogue box clearly shows the AFCAD in use; can an information menu option be provided in all GSX menu's so that the AFCAD in use can be identified, to help us resolve AFCAD issues?

It would be excellent if GSX had a menu option to simply "start here", wherever the aircraft maybe parked, perhaps with a limited set of GS options in order to remove the issues of jetways etc. Starting at regional airport ramps may just warrant calling generic stairs to the front left door, a catering truck, a fuel truck and so on. In this instance, could GSX base itself not on AFCAD but on aircraft location?

Thanks and best wishes,
Fabio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Park Issues and Ideas
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 12:57:05 pm »
Therefore, could GSX be made to show (show / hide) a really tall flag so that I can quickly slew to the spot where GSX is waiting, and then initiate ground services?

We might add this option, but not to GSX,  to XPOI instead, because it's more relevant to its kind of operation (displaying large 3d icons to show you the way)

Also, the parking editor dialogue box clearly shows the AFCAD in use; can an information menu option be provided in all GSX menu's so that the AFCAD in use can be identified, to help us resolve AFCAD issues?

Yes, we'll add a general info panel to know what AFCAD it's in use, without having to open the customization dialog, this is already planned

It would be excellent if GSX had a menu option to simply "start here", wherever the aircraft maybe parked, perhaps with a limited set of GS options in order to remove the issues of jetways etc.

A warp to parking option has been already discussed and it's already planned for inclusion.

In this instance, could GSX base itself not on AFCAD but on aircraft location?

That's airport customization, the data has to come from somewhere, GSX can't decide on its own what to do at a parking, and it would be wrong to keep asking questions like "do you want stairs ?", "do you want a bus?", "do you want a marshaller?", it would be very annoying.

Fab10

Re: Park Issues and Ideas
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 01:01:50 pm »
Hi,
Many thanks, the product is fantastic and it has added much realism.
I look forward to all of these updates as and when they appear to help evolve the product.
Best wishes.
Fabio