Author Topic: A couple issues  (Read 5340 times)

DETCHISON

A couple issues
« on: February 13, 2012, 04:14:00 pm »
Hello, Great product i have to say. Totally changes the immersion within the game. Ok I have a few issues which are minor but a tad annoying.

1. I cannot seem to disable stairs with the imaginesim KDEN scenery.

2. I have a wilco A319/project airbus model merge, and it donest seem to want to follow the door coordinates actually in the aircraft.cfg

3. I have created a custom logo for Frontier airlines, and created all the necessary folders, files, and edits of all the configuration files as per the manual. When i use a gate in DEN it says "handled by Frontier Airlines" but yet it doesn't use any of my logos, instead it just uses United. Any suggestions?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: A couple issues
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 04:19:08 pm »

Does the editor works in other airports ? What AFCAD is displayed in the customization dialog ?

2. I have a wilco A319/project airbus model merge, and it donest seem to want to follow the door coordinates actually in the aircraft.cfg

The aircraft.cfg is only used as last resort, and it's very imprecise. How the airplane root folder is named ?

3. I have created a custom logo for Frontier airlines, and created all the necessary folders, files, and edits of all the configuration files as per the manual. When i use a gate in DEN it says "handled by Frontier Airlines" but yet it doesn't use any of my logos, instead it just uses United. Any suggestions?

Difficult to say without looking at what you did. Which vehicles you customized ? Post one of your sim.cfg here, so we can check what's wrong with it.

DETCHISON

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 04:48:04 pm »

Does the editor works in other airports ? What AFCAD is displayed in the customization dialog ?

The aircraft.cfg is only used as last resort, and it's very imprecise. How the airplane root folder is named ?

Difficult to say without looking at what you did. Which vehicles you customized ? Post one of your sim.cfg here, so we can check what's wrong with it.

1. I dont get a customize dialog for some reason, i just added imagine sim KDEN after installing last night so i just deleted the custom KDEN.ini from appdata too see if that was the culprit, haven't checked yet.

2. it is names as the feelthere PIC A319... should i change that?

3. I have made a custom for every thing.

Staircase_USER Sim.cfg

[fltsim.1]
title=FSDT_Staircase_01_USER_FFT
model=01
texture=FFT
couatl.icaoprefixes = K
couatl.atc_parking_codes = FFT

Staircase_USER texture.cfg

[fltsim]
fallback.1=..\..\FSDT_Catering\texture
fallback.2=..\..\FSDT_Marshaller\texture.lightblue
fallback.3=..\..\FSDT_Marshaller\texture.01
fallback.4=..\..\FSDT_Baggage_Loader\texture.01
fallback.5=..\..\FSDT_Staircase_USER\texture.FFT

Catering_USER sim.cfg

[fltsim.1]
title=FSDT_catering_01_USER_FFT
model=01
texture=FFT
couatl.catering_man = FSDT_catering_man_generic_white
couatl.icaoprefixes = K

Catering_USER texture.cfg

[fltsim]
fallback.1=..\..\FSDT_Catering\texture
fallback.2=..\..\FSDT_Marshaller\texture.lightblue
fallback.3=..\..\FSDT_Marshaller\texture.01
fallback.4=..\..\FSDT_Baggage_Loader\texture.01
fallback.5=..\..\FSDT_Staircase_USER\texture.FFT

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 05:18:46 pm »
2. it is names as the feelthere PIC A319... should i change that?

That's the original root folder of the Wilco/Feelthere airplane, which means (since it's a GSX-supported airplane) the GSX customization will always take precedence.

If you are merging with a different model that has different measurements, so exit position are not compatible anymore, it's best if you change the folder name, such as "Feelthere PICA319 Merged", so the GSX customization won't be used. In that case, the aircraft.cfg wil be read, or an intelliscene.cfg file for that airplane, if you have it.

We'll make it easier when we'll release an airplane editor.

3. I have made a custom for every thing.

couatl.icaoprefixes = K

[/quote]

If you want that one to appear at KDEN, with a preference for FFT parkings, you should set couatl.icaoprefixes = KDEN, otherwise with a score of 1.5 ( 1 for the single "K" + 0.5 for the parking code ) will always "lose" against the default GSX United objects, that all have KDEN in their own  couatl.icaoprefixes, so they have a score of 4 at KDEN.

If you give the 4 letters code KDEN to all FFT vehicles, they'll score 4 points at any parking at KDEN, and 4.5 points at parkings with an FFT code. If the scoring it's a tie, the selection will be random between all operators with the same score.

DETCHISON

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 05:20:38 pm »
Ok thanks for the help :)