Author Topic: Cannot install..... AGAIN **SOLVED**  (Read 18808 times)

prdant

Re: Cannot install..... AGAIN
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2012, 02:28:46 am »
Here you go.

0.00000 SimConnect version 10.0.61259.0

0.30627 Exe Launch Failed: GetLast Error=0x000000D8 Path="fsdreamteam\couatl\cpuatl.exe" CommandLine=""
1.58031 DLL Loaded: Path="bglmanx.dll" Version="2.9.0.1"PMDG SimConnect Version Loader <C:\Program Files <x86>\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG_SimConnect_Ldr.dll>

Goes on from there checking the flight sim version etc which all pass. I have no other problems with PMDG aircraft or FSUIPC.

Hope this helps your investigation.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 11:11:45 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2012, 11:12:16 am »
If this is really the diagnostic log, and not a typo you made when copying it from to the forum, it's no wonder couatl.exe doesn't load: if FSX is trying to load cpuatl.exe instead of couatl.exe, it's because you hand-edited your EXE.XML, and mistyped cpuatl.exe ...

prdant

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2012, 02:02:32 pm »
Yes, I had to hand type it... so it is a typo. I think one of the most confusing parts is that I ran a flight starting at KLAX and couatl was in the dropdown, a little more than two hours later I loaded the same flight because I was practicing with the PMDG 737 and couatl was gone from the dropdown which brings us to this point. It should be noted that FSX was not shutdown nor was the PC restarted. I simply loaded a saved flight.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2012, 02:05:02 pm »
When this happen, open the Task manager, and check if you have two copies of the Couatl.exe process.

prdant

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2012, 02:24:06 pm »
Unfortunately because of the time difference I will not be at my PC until you are done for the day. I did note that after I did not see couatl in the dropdown that there was no couatl.exe listed under processes.
I appreciate that you are trying to resolve this issue, but I have followed all steps that you have provided and we are no closer to a resolution.
When I get home tonight I will try one more time to re-install following the steps that you have provided. One question though is if I completely uninstall should I be installing the GSX program AND the stand alone manager or just the stand alone. So far I have been doing both.
I have no doubt that GSX is a great looking program because I did see it work for one test and one flight. I would, however, appreciate it that if we cannot solve this issue by the weekend that I be refunded my purchase price at which time I will deactivate and remove.

prdant

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2012, 01:40:47 am »
I uninstalled and ran the standalone manager. No anti virus on answered yes to both of the questions and startyed the sim with simconnect. I immediately saw the error that the exe failed but allowed the sim to start up and there was no couatl. I went into the folder and clicked on the couatl.exe and got this:

This version is not compatable with operating system.... what next??

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2012, 01:52:58 am »
I immediately saw the error that the exe failed

What exe, and what error, exactly ? Please copy the simconnect diagnostic line, and don't type it by hand, use copy & paste, you can selecte

I went into the folder and clicked on the couatl.exe and got this:

This version is not compatable with operating system.... what next??

You can't start Couatl.exe manually, it won't work. However, it should NOT give that error, the expected behavior if you launch it manually, is to simply not start without any messages.

If you read this old post:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=3913.msg40500#msg40500

When I tried to run the COUATl program manually from the file it stated that I have the wrong version for my  operating system which is Windows 7  64Bit

The same user replied after a while:

Lets cancel my last comment I found out by reading the last exception report on my antivirus that it was indeed couatl.exe which was being blocked. I made sure that Web threats was turned off and now everything is fine: couatl shows up and all the bldgs are there!!

So, it seems your antivirus is still interfering, it wouldn't be the first time we hear of antivirus so defective they keep blocking files even after you excluded them from scanning.

prdant

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2012, 02:52:52 am »
Here you go, also I did everything except uninstall my virus protection:

0.20844 Exe Launch Failed:  GetLastError=0x000000D8  Path="fsdreamteam\couatl\co
uatl.exe"  CommandLine=""
1.28881 DLL Loaded:  Path="bglmanx.dll"  Version="2.9.0.1"PMDG SimConnect Versio
n Loader (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PM
DG_SimConnect_Ldr.dll)

Looking for appropriate SimConnect DLL Version...

Checking for: FSX SP2 / AccelPack    (61259.0) -- Found! Loading...
PMDG Options -- Initializing SimConnect with window creation

1.34305 DLL Loaded:  Path="PMDG\DLLs\PMDGOptions.dll"  Version="10.0.61355.40"PM
DG Events -- Initializing SimConnect with window creation

1.35414 DLL Loaded:  Path="PMDG\DLLs\PMDGEvents.dll"  Version="10.0.61355.40"PMD
G Sounds -- Initializing SimConnect with window creation

1.37247 DLL Loaded:  Path="PMDG\DLLs\PMDGSounds.dll"  Version="10.0.61355.40"
1.37400 DLL Loaded:  Path="PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll"  Version="2.0.0.1"
1.74257 DLL Loaded:  Path="Modules\FSUIPC4.dll"  Version="4.7.0.0"

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2012, 01:38:02 pm »
Error 0xD8 means

"The version of %1 is not compatible with the version you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need a x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher."

Which is exactly the same message you would get by manually launching, which should never happen in the first place, and it really doesn't happen.

Are you maybe running FSX in the "XP Compatibility mode" or any of the other "Compatibility" modes ? If yes, turn them them all immediately, they are very well known to cause any sort of problems, and it's not how FSX should be run under Vista/Windows7, and it's not how it's installed by default.

Right click on the FSX.EXE file, and turn off everything in the "Compatibility"  tab. And, be sure you haven't done the same for Couatl.exe

prdant

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2012, 02:00:14 pm »
Thanks, I will check this tonight when I get home. I did verify couatl.exe during the troubleshooting yesterday the compatability box is unchecked. I will verify FSX, but it is worth noting that FSX was installed after I moved from 32bit to 64 bit Windows 7. I have not had any issues with any other programs, PMDG.. FSUIPC.. Radar Contact.. FSCommander or FDC Cockpit Live. I have a number of games installed as this was built as a gaming machine. Can you explain why it would run twice and disappear which is what happened and what has caused this extensive thread?
Many Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2012, 04:07:50 pm »
Here you go, also I did everything except uninstall my virus protection:

You need to TURN OFF your antivirus when downloading and installing and you have to configure it to exclude the following files from scanning before turning it back on:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

If you don't do this, it's also possible your antivirus is corrupting the couatl.exe. There's no need to uninstall the antivirus, but you need to turn it off when installing and configure it properly before launching FSX.

prdant

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2012, 04:19:24 pm »
I did as you requested several days ago, I was just reinterating that I have been following your steps, short of uninstalling. I had the firewall and virus checking disable during the download and install process. I also verified that the files were still in the exclusion list. With not wanting to beat a dead horse, I still don't understand why it worked twice then stopped. I did not change anything, just attempted another flight and couatl was gone.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2012, 04:26:52 pm »
Right click on the Couatl.exe on your hard drive, select "Properties", select the "Digital signature" tab and click "Details". Is the digital sign still reported as valid ?

prdant

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2012, 04:54:14 pm »
Thanks, will verify that too, unfortunately I am 33 miles from the PC so it will be several hours before I get home. :)

prdant

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2012, 12:17:54 am »
I have tried again with the same results. There is nothing checked under compatibilty for couatl or FSX, the signature looks good. I am running 64bit windows 7 pro. Is there a couatl.exe that is made for 64bit?

0.00000 SimConnect version 10.0.61259.0

0.20887 Exe Launch Failed:  GetLastError=0x000000D8  Path="fsdreamteam\couatl\co
uatl.exe"  CommandLine=""
1.29185 DLL Loaded:  Path="bglmanx.dll"  Version="2.9.0.1"PMDG SimConnect Versio
n Loader (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PM
DG_SimConnect_Ldr.dll)

Looking for appropriate SimConnect DLL Version...

Checking for: FSX SP2 / AccelPack    (61259.0) -- Found! Loading...
PMDG Options -- Initializing SimConnect with window creation

1.34600 DLL Loaded:  Path="PMDG\DLLs\PMDGOptions.dll"  Version="10.0.61355.40"PM
DG Events -- Initializing SimConnect with window creation

1.35754 DLL Loaded:  Path="PMDG\DLLs\PMDGEvents.dll"  Version="10.0.61355.40"PMD
G Sounds -- Initializing SimConnect with window creation

1.37544 DLL Loaded:  Path="PMDG\DLLs\PMDGSounds.dll"  Version="10.0.61355.40"
1.37695 DLL Loaded:  Path="PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll"  Version="2.0.0.1"
1.73259 DLL Loaded:  Path="Modules\FSUIPC4.dll"  Version="4.7.0.0"