Author Topic: Cannot hear GSX vehicles in spot view  (Read 5912 times)

flapsup

Cannot hear GSX vehicles in spot view
« on: February 07, 2012, 09:49:42 am »
Umberto,
I was sure I heard the GSX vehicles and luggage conveyer whilst in spot view when I first started using GSX. But now I don't. I can hear everything else, Ground Power (NGX) apu when lit up, AI ( I use A>Constables AI sound add-on, and AES vehicles when I use AES at airports like LPMA etc, but not GSX.
 I can hear the noddy cart and conveyer when in "Wing View", just not in Spot or locked spot.
Should I be hearing them in spot view ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Cannot hear GSX vehicles in spot view
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 10:56:15 am »
Yes, they work in Spot view, but their volume depends by the distance, and the attenuation is correct according to real world.

If your spot view is a bit far, and other sounds covers the GSX ones, it means the other sounds are too loud and, likely, they don't attenuate with the viewing distance correctly.

GSX vehicles use their own sound engine, and won't be affected by AI sound replacements.

flapsup

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 11:13:17 am »
Ok, have tried at different zoom settings in spot view, If I got any closer to the baggage loader I could pick his pocket. Have tried different aircraft, but no luck.

flapsup

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 11:25:51 am »
Starting to think it maybe an Ezdok issue. When I use the hat switch to scan the  view, you can here sound changing in different view angles, if that makes sense ? Quite loud sound, assuming that would be AI at different parts of the airport, taxing, taking off etc.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 11:31:41 am »
That depends how that program handles the view point.

GSX reads the actual eye position coordinates but, if that program creates a new custom camera, it's possible the eye position is not moved, so it might still read as being inside the cockpit.

Does it work if you use default view controls ?

flapsup

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 12:05:15 pm »
No, not with default either. Cannot hear any of the GSX vehicles including the tug. Getting late hear now, will disable ezdok and report back. Thanks

WilliamJSS

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 04:23:06 pm »
I find EzDok makes things strange like that for me too sometimes. Unfortunately, just clicking global disable will not fix it, like hitting the "Q" key twice like you informed me....kinda sucks but all I have right now until my TrackIR gets here.

ottoramsaig

• Never Forgotten
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 09:37:48 pm »
I find EzDok makes things strange like that for me too sometimes. Unfortunately, just clicking global disable will not fix it, like hitting the "Q" key twice like you informed me....kinda sucks but all I have right now until my TrackIR gets here.

You will never ever fly without TrackIR5 again. Also works with Cliffs of Dover and ARMA2 like a champ. Just do me a favor and use some electrical and rap everything you can.  TrackIR5's are known for their flimsy construction. Falling off the computer table will break it.

tf51d

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 10:50:08 pm »
Zooming in close won't help, you need to actually move the view position closer to hear it. Just like real life!

flapsup

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 11:36:06 pm »
Zooming in close won't help, you need to actually move the view position closer to hear it. Just like real life!
Thanks for the tip. will try that