Author Topic: GSX Trialversion not working  (Read 5847 times)

Tony

GSX Trialversion not working
« on: February 06, 2012, 07:00:22 am »
Hi folks, this looks like a really cool addon so I downloaded the trial version and went to San Francisco and also to Munich but pressing CTRL+F12 does not bring anything up. I have the addon manager in the menu bar but that doesn't seem to help me at all.
I've uninstaled the program and installed it twice with no luck.
I'm running windows XP SP3 with FSX acceleration.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
Tony  ???

Air NZ

Re: GSX Trialversion not working
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 07:45:17 am »
When you open the add on manager and select GSX, does it say that it is installed?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 09:57:48 am »
Do you have BOTH the Addon Manager AND the Couatl powered menus in the Addons menu ?

Tony

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 10:29:59 am »
Hi folks thanks for the prompt reply, when I open the GSX manager it says the trial version is installed and I dont have the Couatl powered menu in the addons menu.
Cheers Tony

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 11:05:18 am »
- Uninstall GSX. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall GSX with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu

Tony

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 12:42:32 pm »
Hi,
Did as you requested in the above post but still no luck, I don't seem to have the Couatl powered products menu under the addon menu.
Do you have any other things I can try?
Cheers Tony

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 12:50:12 pm »
Have you been asked permission to run the Couatl module when you launched FSX after reinstalling ? If not, be sure you did this, when uninstalling:

- Uninstall GSX. - Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

Tony

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 10:28:55 am »
Hi Umberto, I got the trial version to run. I had two anti virus soft wares running and had only turned off one of them for the instal, once I turned off the second one it worked.
Thanks for your help I definitely be purchasing the full version soon.
Cheers Tony :D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 10:53:45 am »
I had two anti virus soft wares running

You ARE asking for trouble. You system is unnecessarily slowed down, and it would result with endless issues like this.

An antivirus will scan automatically *every* executable that is being launched and by every executable, it doesn't simply mean the main exe file, but *every* .dll that this program comes with, and every .dll that is launched by those .dll too.

Now, imagine how much slow down you'll get, when two process would do it at the same time.

Remove one of them, now...

Tony

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 12:12:50 pm »
Ok thanks for the tip.
Cheers.