Author Topic: GSX and SmartSound Plugin ?  (Read 4225 times)

GAJ52

GSX and SmartSound Plugin ?
« on: February 07, 2012, 10:29:40 pm »
Hi

I have just bought GSX today, installation went without any problems on my Windows 7 x64 bit system.

However when I run FSX and load a flight, I get a message that the SmartSound Quicktracks Plugin is trying to load but it can't find the 'SmartSound Quicktracks Plugin.msi' file and invites me to locate it by pressing the Browse button.  If I keep clicking cancel, the message eventually disappears and GSX seems to work OK when I press Ctrl + F12.

Need some help getting rid of this message please.

Glen

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX and SmartSound Plugin ?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 10:40:41 pm »
That's nothing related to any of our products, it's a plugin used by products like video editors from Adobe, Pinnacle, but maybe another FSX addon you have use it too.

We don't use that (I didn't even know what it was, before your message), fact that you are seeing this after installing GSX is purely coincidental.

GSX uses OpenAL for audio, but doesn't change anything in your system, all the files that it needs are included in its own folder.

GAJ52

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 10:54:50 pm »
Thats strange   ???

The last FSX addon I bought was the PMDG NGX and that was months ago.  This problem occurred immediately after installing GSX, there may be something in the installation that has triggered this file which has been laying dormant for some reason.  I'll try and uninstall GSX and see if the message goes away.

Are there any special precautions when uninstalling GSX ?

Glen

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 11:04:06 pm »
Seems to be related to Active Sky:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/193854-smartsound-quicktracks-plugin/page__p__1269079__hl__smartsound%20quicktracks%20plugin__fromsearch__1#entry1269079

Are there any special precautions when uninstalling GSX ?

No, the uninstaller just works.

And NOTHING in the Windows system is ever changed, the only file that is installed outside FSX is the Esellerateengine.dll, which is placed under C:\ProgramData\Esellerate and it's not removed when uninstalling. ANd can't have anything to do with that plugin anyway.

GAJ52

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 12:10:08 am »
Problem solved   :)

It appears, as you said in your first reply, to be used by Pinnacle Studio which I removed a couple of years ago.  For some reason this Smartsound plugin was not removed and has been lurking on my hard drive.  Entered this into Google and other people have had this suddenly reinstalling when they start a 'non connected' program i.e. FSX or AS.

Some people have had problems removing the SmartSound Plugin, the answer appears to be to update it from the Smartsound website.  I did this and the message no longer appears when I load a flight within FSX.

Glen