Author Topic: Is there any way?  (Read 5466 times)

haztronic

Is there any way?
« on: February 07, 2012, 05:21:39 am »
I have tried numerous things but no solution. LAX terminals besides the Tom bradley terminal always disappear and I know its because of the zoom feature or something but this doesn't happen at KLAS. My rig is pretty good, an i7 2600k @ 4.6ghz with a 580GTX but I just want all my terminals to remain in view instead of seeing some jetways randomly spotted connecting to nothing. Is there anyway to have it so I can see everything without it disappearing. I did a test earlier with my cessna, I flew it over the terminals and everytime I flew over one it would appear but only when I'd be a few feet from it. Tom Bradley terminal never disappears just the others.

Thanks a lot for the help.

WilliamJSS

Re: Is there any way?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 06:10:33 am »
The zoom levels they are talking about work...plus...it kinda does make sense. I didn't like it at first...then I did come around, cause you can only see just so far and just so much detail in RL.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 11:38:01 am »
I have tried numerous things but no solution. LAX terminals besides the Tom bradley terminal always disappear and I know its because of the zoom feature or something but this doesn't happen at KLAS.

You should see a reasonable scenery with a zoom level of about 0.70, but not everything regardless of your distance, the scenery IS programmed with multiple LOD levels so, after a certain distance things will disappear regardless of the zoom level.

That doesn't appear at KLAS, simply means it has been tuned differently, you just noticed it less.

WilliamJSS

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 04:27:01 pm »
Ya, at first I really didn't like it too much, but then it grew on me. It is a pretty brilliant idea to do it that way, and the levels that FSDT made work really well. When on East Operations....it is nice and I find that I don't notice any texture popping, plus, it makes my performance so much better than before when at other airports, to get detail farther out, I manually set my LOD to a point that I suffered performance problems.....

haztronic

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 10:38:09 pm »
Where do you manually set the zoom levels?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 11:19:12 pm »
Where do you manually set the zoom levels?

You just click the window that contains the scenery view, and press +- on the keyboard.