Author Topic: Pushback Script  (Read 3506 times)

awralls

Pushback Script
« on: February 07, 2012, 12:29:46 pm »
First - great product and it's splendid to see that it is being enthusiastically supported by FSDT.

I suspect this may have been mentioned, but I'd like to request that, as a matter of priority, the script for pushbacks is amended such that the marshaller and p/b vehicle don't sit in front of the aircraft until the captain complies with a wholly unrealistic demand to release the parking brake.

What should be happening is that the vehicle clears off to the side and waits to ensure that the aircraft taxis away without issue and doesn't require further pushing in the event of a failure. The marshaller should walk to one side or the other and hold up his headset jack to show that it's been disconnected. The crew release the parking brake when they're cleared to taxi by ATC, not on the demand of the ground crew, which is clearly nuts. For a bit of extra realism, the marshaller should stay connected until verbally released by crew, which could be a menu selection. Until all engines are running and stable, the marshaller should stay connected anyway so that the p/b vehicle can be reconnected if there's a snag.

Umberto, could you indicate if anything is lilely to be done to change this and, if so, roughly when it might be?

Thanks

Andy

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Pushback Script
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 01:16:53 pm »
I suspect this may have been mentioned, but I'd like to request that, as a matter of priority, the script for pushbacks is amended such that the marshaller and p/b vehicle don't sit in front of the aircraft until the captain complies with a wholly unrealistic demand to release the parking brake.

It has been discussed in countless of other threads, and it has been already confirmed we'll look into this. However, it has also been said there are regional differences how the procedure is performed.

awralls

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 01:28:34 pm »
OK, I had a cursory check and only saw a few oblique references to the problem; apologies for the duplication. Perhaps it might be an idea for a sticky thred maintained by you for acknowledged issues, and their status i.e open, closed, rejected, in testing and similar. Might save you some work.

Cheers,

Andy

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 02:57:18 pm »
The sticky thread has been discussed as well.   ;)
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock