Author Topic: Quick Issue  (Read 3388 times)

FlightSimSouthwest

Quick Issue
« on: February 05, 2012, 07:32:58 pm »
Ok, so this morning I bought and installed GSX without problem and have been using it all day.

Suddenly after I started FSX again, GSX wouldn't work and I noticed in the addon menu that there was a missing option. Pressing ctrl+f12 wasn't doing anything, it seems it's coutal menu thats missing.

I can't get GSX to work unless I uninstall it, and reinstall it without first rebooting the computer. Once it's installed again it works, but when I close down FSX and restart it, it's gone again.

Any ideas please?

westoverfd17

Re: Quick Issue
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 07:37:46 pm »
Had same problem, mine was anti-virus blocking couatl.exe even though I had excluded it from scan, may be something else for you but it could be a start.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Quick Issue
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 10:57:19 pm »
When it's working, and you close FSX, open the Taskmanager and see if you still have a Couatl.exe process running after FSX has closed. If you have, terminating it manually will surely fix the problem.

It's possible that, due to other modules in conflict, it can't close together with FSX, another user for example found a problem caused by the GoFlight drivers, that prevented Couatl.exe to close, but with all the different modules out there, it can be something else too.