Author Topic: PHOG - Parking Lot is Missing Vehicles  (Read 4865 times)

fltsimguy

PHOG - Parking Lot is Missing Vehicles
« on: February 05, 2012, 09:56:47 pm »
I have a problem with limited vehicles in my parking lot at PHOG.  Something seems to have changed.  I recall when I first installed I had a parking lot full of cars.  Now I have lots of empty spots and black shadow squares where there likely should be a vehicles.

I have my settings turned up fully max complexity and max autogen.

Here is a screenshot of my parking lot, can you please advise if this is normal, and if not, what can I do about it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PHOG - Parking Lot is Missing Vehicles
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 10:05:25 pm »
Their number should change depending on distance. If you go close they will increase.

fltsimguy

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 11:20:41 pm »
I was really really close like 10 feet from them and then slewed far from the airport.  There is no change in the number of vehicles now no matter if I am a few feet to a long distance but I know there was a changing number of vehicles when I first installed the airport. 

fltsimguy

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 11:23:26 pm »
OK this is totally weird, I went flying for an hour came back and now I can get a full parking lot.  Any idea what might have triggered or activated the cars showing up? 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 11:25:59 pm »
It shouldn't simply happen. There's usually some kind of lag, because the distance check is not made continuously, but it should be 3-4 seconds after you move closer, not more.

fltsimguy

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 11:45:10 pm »
OK thanks, as I said this was weird,  appreciate your time and comments.  Maybe because I am adding more objects like airport clutter, people and grass to the airport it somehow impacted the ability (slowed down) the loading of the cars.  I'll just keep an eye on that.

Just thinking though it would be useful to have the shadow effect actually attached to the car object so that the parking lot doesn't get the black square effect when the cars don't show, or have the shadow also come into effect at the same time as the cars. 

cheers
Bryan