Author Topic: No pushback  (Read 6550 times)

Gerwil

No pushback
« on: February 05, 2012, 01:06:59 pm »
Happened once at LPFR, choosing another gate cleared the problem. But now at LOWI i have it at every parking spot: "Pushback is not available at this position". I tried everything i could think of in ADE but without succes. Disabled Aerosofts LOWI but the default gave me the same message. Here's a picture of the AFCAD, there's nothing unusual there. The extra nodes between parking spots are already removed, didn't make a difference.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No pushback
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 01:21:03 pm »
I don't know about the Aerosoft version but, default LOWI has Pushback set to "None" in all Parkings, only the Gates 1, 2 and 3 have a Pushback set to "Both".

GSX respect the Pushback preference set in the AFCAD so, if you tried Pushback at non Gate location it's normal you would see that message. Perhaps there is a reason why the Pushback has been set to None, in some places it might not be allowed as in real life. But also the designer of the might just have overlooked it, but GSX can't obviously know the difference.

We are working on an update that will allow you to customize parkings, overriding what's in the AFCAD.

For the time being, you have to modify the AFCAD yourself. Unfortunately, ADE doesn't allow to set Pushback preference easily (you'll have to save the file as XML, modify the Pushbacks in the XML and compile it with the BGLCOMP from the FSX SDK), the AFX program from Flight1 allows to set Pushback preference very easily.

Gerwil

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 03:20:45 pm »
Okay, got it finally working pff  :P  Wouldn't it be much more user friendly if GSX would just have 2 menu options: 1 Departure with pushback and 2 Departure without pushback. That way it wouldn't matter whats in the afcad, as long as its a fitting parking position. Just a thought.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 03:34:02 pm »
That way it wouldn't matter whats in the afcad, as long as its a fitting parking position. Just a thought.

But then it wouldn't know which direction to choose, and if there was a Left/Right choice, it would be just the same as treating "None" as being a "Both", defeating the purpose of respecting the "None" flag in the first place...

It's best doing it as a customization option.

Gerwil

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 03:55:09 pm »
Yes exactly, 'treating "None" as being "Both" = Added user friendlyness, no messing with afcads.

Would make a better initialization of the parking spot as well IMHO, instead of Deboarding.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 06:59:33 pm »
Yes exactly, 'treating "None" as being "Both" = Added user friendlyness, no messing with afcads.

We might do it as an user selectable option because it could well be the scenery designer set it to "None" for a specific reason