Author Topic: GSX has disappeared along with addon manager **SOLVED**  (Read 4712 times)

Schytte2212

GSX has disappeared along with addon manager **SOLVED**
« on: May 08, 2015, 04:04:26 pm »
Lately I noticed that GSX was suddenly missing along with Addon Manager. I then tried to uninstall both GSX and Addon Manager and installed both programs again, but without any luck. I uninstalled the two programs correctly and removed both Addon Manager and Couatl Engine, and then installed both again and clicked "yes" in the trusted software window. I have been reading through countless of forums and done everything suggested. I have no clue to why both programs suddenly disappered. I haven't installed any new software (apart from Accu-feel by A2A), which shouldn't affect my Couatl-engine software in any way. Some suggest that I run a diagnosis on my SimConnect on startup and then post the diagnosis in here, to see if the problem has something to do with that. Would that be a possibility?
I have noticed that some of my sound files have gone missing around the same time as GSX and Addon Manager.

I hope to find a solution, as this problem is driving me insane.  
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 01:48:58 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX has disappeared along with addon manager
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 02:12:54 pm »
This thread indicates all the known solutions for missing menu items under the "Addons" menu:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,7545.msg62899.html#msg62899

As an alternative, you might try to install the latest Couatl 3 Public Beta, here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11796.0.html

Which might work better on your system, since it requires different system libraries, which hopefully are correctly installed on your system.

I have noticed that some of my sound files have gone missing around the same time as GSX and Addon Manager.

This seems to indicate the problem which is affecting our modules, is also affecting another addon that is supposed to play sounds.

You can activate the Simconnect diagnostic mode to see what's wrong with your system. Open notepad, and copy the following text:

[SimConnect]
level=errors
console=1
RedirectStdOutToConsole=1
OutputDebugString=1
; file=c:\simconnect%03u.log
; file_next_index=0
; file_max_index=9

Save the file as SIMCONNECT.INI in this folder:

Documents And Settings\YOUR LOGIN NAME\Documents\Flight Simulator X files

At the next launch of the sim, you should see a text window with diagnostic message, that should tell what's going wrong. Let me know what you are getting, so we can have an idea what's happening. Only the first 15-20 lines are important. If the scrolling goes too fast, try again and use the "Pause" key on the keyboard to read the first lines of the screen.

Schytte2212

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 09:13:42 pm »
Thanks your quick reply.
I did as recommended, but without any luck. I placed the Simconnect.ini file in my documents, but when I launch FSX it dosen't say anything, as you can see on the screenshot below.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 09:49:30 pm »
I did as recommended, but without any luck. I placed the Simconnect.ini file in my documents, but when I launch FSX it dosen't say anything, as you can see on the screenshot below.

Try to change this line:

level=errors

into this:

level=normal

This should give more informations.

Schytte2212

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 10:33:05 pm »
Okay, this time it looks a little better:

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 11:27:38 pm »
From your error log, the Addon Manager (bglmanx.dll) cannot be loaded beause of missing dependecies. The external dependencies required by the program are:

- Simconnect SP2. This seems to be working, because the version number is the correct one.

- The VC++ 2005 dependency is inherited by means of Simconnect, so I guess this one is fine too, otherwise Simconnect wouldn't work.

- The VC++ 2013 required by the Addon Manager itself so, by exclusion, this seems to be the problem on your system.

Of course, our installers installs all the required dependecies, but it simply launches the normal MS installer, and sometimes this cannot fix an existing problem. You might try to download and install the VC++ 2013 runtimes from Microsoft, here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Download and install BOTH the x64 AND the x86 versions. DO NOT download the "arm" version. And, restart Windows after installing them.

Schytte2212

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 11:50:48 am »
Success! It repaired my VC++ 2013 x64 and x86 and it finally solved the problem.
Thank you for your great support! I would never have found this problem on my own.