Author Topic: RE-installing GSX  (Read 4925 times)

pride545

• Beta tester
RE-installing GSX
« on: February 04, 2012, 12:46:02 pm »
Do we have to reinstall GSX everytime we install something else, ie i was told to download and install the addon manager?
Moe Works

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: RE-installing GSX
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 12:51:40 pm »
This is explained in the manual, on the "Live Update" section.

There are two types of updates, minor and major. The minor updates are listed as "Couatl Live Update" and don't require doing anything, and can be applied even while FSX is running.

The major updates are listed as "Addon Manager update", and require to exit from FSX and launch either the Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer OR the GSX installer you already have, no need to download them again.

In case you'll need a whole new installer, we'll announce it as a new full release, possibly indicating on the release notes you'll have to download the complete GSX installer again, right now we haven't done anything that needs this.

pride545

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 01:02:28 pm »
Well, your live update told me to download and reinstall the addon manager!
Moe Works

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 01:27:53 pm »
Well, your live update told me to download and reinstall the addon manager!

That's exactly what I've said: the Live Update feature knows about both minor or major updates, and if it's a minor update it will be called "Couatl Live Update", indicating that restarting FSX won't be necessary, and if it's a major one will call it a "Addon Manager Update", telling to install the Addon Manager.

Since the last one *was* a major udpate, the Live Update is working according to the description on the manual.

pride545

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 09:21:17 am »
You don't understand what I am asking. Maybe I didn't make it clear. During beta, we had to reinstall GSX after installing say an airport. Do we also have to do this since the release?
Moe Works

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 09:50:04 am »
During beta, we had to reinstall GSX after installing say an airport. Do we also have to do this since the release?

You need to reinstall at least the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, until we update all the scenery installers.