Author Topic: Couatl stays running  (Read 16942 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl stays running
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2012, 09:57:07 am »
Something is not right on your system, because I can terminate the process just fine.

WebMaximus

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2012, 09:28:04 pm »
Just posted about the exact same problem in another thread before I saw this thread...obviously something changed in the latest update since I've never seen this problem before and my problem is EXACTLY the same as described here so at least there are more than one with the same problem after the latest update.

Any progress on finding out what is causing this odd behaviour of couatl.exe?

(I'm actually having the spinning "wait" cursor right now as I type this post since I still haven't restarted my PC after closing FSX...)
Richard Åsberg

Angelo

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2012, 10:54:49 pm »
I will try to uninstall GSX along with Couatl, and Addon Manager reboot, and then download and install the latest GSX and Standalone Addon Manager and report back.

WebMaximus

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2012, 11:43:32 pm »
I already tried that to no avail, however I didn't download GSX but used the downloaded setup file I already had on my PC. Did download the Standalone Addon Manager though.
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2012, 12:45:50 am »
As I've said already (in another thread, are we supposed to continue on both threads ? Maybe it's best if you stop posting there, since this is titled appropriately for your problem), have you tried after a Windows reboot ?

WebMaximus

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2012, 01:12:05 am »
You're right, this thread is better and yes...as I already posted in the other thread I've tried rebooting several times and when doing that the problem of course goes away but as soon as I start FSX the problem is back.
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2012, 01:27:42 am »
So, the first FSX after a reboot, everything works normally, but if you close FSX Couatl doesn't close automatically, and you can't even close it manually with the Task manager ?

Since it works on the first launch, have you checked if the Audio setting panel is saying something about problems with the audio, as I've asked before ?

Angelo

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2012, 01:50:50 am »
^^ Yes this is exactly how my situation is as well. However as soon as I launch FSX from a clean reboot and before even selecting a flight, I get the "Wait" symbol when it should normally be just a mouse pointer, since by now everything would have been loaded. Otherwise exactly as you described Umberto, is how I am experiencing it, unable to end task with task manager.  

Edit: this is after a full re-install of GSX and the latest standalone addon manager as well. (With Anti-Virus Off)

Here's what the Task Manager looks like, and notice the CPU is loaded to 100% this is also very unusual.

]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/29/couatl.jpg/]]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/29/couatl.jpg/]]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/29/couatl.jpg/]

« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 07:55:17 am by virtuali »

WilliamJSS

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2012, 01:59:17 am »
I am able to close it via the task manager...but I am in the same boat...as if I want to close FSX and then fly again later...I always have to go to the task manager, and close the process before I start up again...otherwise it won't start with the sim.

Angelo

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2012, 06:21:25 am »
Something has to be wrong here, I am not even able to open the Error log in the Virtuali folder on my C drive. The err file is 188,946KB in size, and as soon as I open it notepad freezes. Also after I close FSX and Couatl stays running all 4 cores on my CPU are at 100% pinned with no fluctuation. I am really at a loss right now.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2012, 07:56:08 am »
Maybe the problem is the log file itself, try too reboot Windows and remove it before launching FSX.

Angelo

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2012, 08:06:56 am »
Okay I did that, the problem still exists. Also, the new ERR file has been generated and continues to grow by 1KB per second as long as the program is running. So looking at the file closed in the Virtualli folder the size will go from 330, 331, 332, 333, 334KB on upwards every second until I physically stop by turning off the PC.

Angelo

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2012, 08:11:35 am »
Wow, I just got the ERR file to open finally! Turns out....

couatl v2.0 (build 2290)
panic log started on Wed Feb 08 23:03:32 2012
error in config file C:/Users/Angelo/AppData/Roaming/Virtuali/CouatlAddOns.ini: no value given in 'disable_on_airports ='

I must have deleted one line too many here, as soon as I put KLAS back in the list because I use AES there, the wait sign disappeared and CPU load went back to IDLE. Wow go figure that.

Sorry for being a pain Umberto, but I am really glad yo stuck around to help me out on this one, I appreciate your help.

Now I can return to HAPPY SIMMING!

Angelo

WebMaximus

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2012, 08:16:24 am »
So, the first FSX after a reboot, everything works normally, but if you close FSX Couatl doesn't close automatically, and you can't even close it manually with the Task manager ?

Since it works on the first launch, have you checked if the Audio setting panel is saying something about problems with the audio, as I've asked before ?

No, it doesn't work the first time...as soon as I launch FSX I get the waiting cursor just as described by others and as I said in my previous posts both in this and the other thread.

And no, I can't close couatl via the Task Manager as trying to do so will give me the error message I already posted.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 08:19:24 am by WebMaximus »
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2012, 08:18:37 am »
error in config file C:/Users/Angelo/AppData/Roaming/Virtuali/CouatlAddOns.ini: no value given in 'disable_on_airports ='

I must have deleted one line too many here, as soon as I put KLAS back in the list because I use AES there, the wait sign disappeared and CPU load went back to IDLE. Wow go figure that.

Ah!

That's it, there's a reason why the installer by default puts disable_on_airports = None by default, because an .INI with a key and no value after the = sign it's illegal, and would confuse the .INI parser that comes with the standard Python language, but since the disable_on_airports key is NOT rewritten by the installer after running it again (in order to keep your excluded airports list), if you corrupt it once, it will stay that way.

In theory, there must be some code to deal with that special case, but maybe it's not working now.