Author Topic: Intelliscene files  (Read 4653 times)

eskil

Intelliscene files
« on: February 03, 2012, 04:40:40 pm »
Could Umberto or somebody explain the details of the intelliscene.cfg file to me. I have been putting this file in for some add-on aircraft, free-hand adjusting the parameters to make stairs etc. match up with doors. It works quite well, but I still wonder about the [geom] parameters. As far as I can ascertain, the first three refer to vertical, longitudinal, and lateral distances (in feet, I think) from the datum reference point (like the [exits] section of aircraft.cfg). But in some cases (this varies between aircraft that I have found files for) there is also a fourth parameter. What does that refer to?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Intelliscene files
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 04:58:04 pm »
This is really not the place to discuss intelliscene files.

GSX reads them only to give users a temporary solution (and as a 2nd best choice) until an airplane is supported, and to allow AES users to use their existing collection of intelliscene files but anything related to their usage, it's not something we should discuss here.

We'll come up with a GSX specific airplane configuration editor soon enough, that will generate GSX-specific aircraft configuration files, since GSX has more option to handle doors so, the intelliscene file route will not be so useful anymore.