Author Topic: KLAX and AES  (Read 9874 times)

Mike Phyrio

KLAX and AES
« on: April 05, 2008, 08:19:25 pm »
Hiya DreamTeamers!
I, of course, got KORD the minute it came out. Next week, Oliver had AES all ready for it. Delicious.
He was waiting for the final of KORD to do KLAX and says he's waiting for changes from you folks. Is there any status on that? Is there anything I can do to help things along? ......I mean, anything besides design scenery; for which I am as unqualified as Gen. Franco.

thepilot

Re: KLAX and AES
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 08:44:32 pm »
Would like to know that, too.
In case they'll be AES fitted, I might be interested in them... (KLAX/KDCA).

KingCat

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 03:17:44 pm »
I don't understand what FSDreamteam has got to do with KLAX. As far as I know KLAX is a scenery from Cloud9. So it makes sense that the changes come from Cloud9. I thought that Umberto made it quite clear in several forums that FSDreamteam and Cloud9 are two different companies. So I don't see why FSDreamteam needs to make the changes in a Cloud9 scenery?

Jon

thepilot

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 05:04:58 pm »
I don't understand what FSDreamteam has got to do with KLAX. As far as I know KLAX is a scenery from Cloud9. So it makes sense that the changes come from Cloud9. I thought that Umberto made it quite clear in several forums that FSDreamteam and Cloud9 are two different companies. So I don't see why FSDreamteam needs to make the changes in a Cloud9 scenery?

Jon

Yes, that's true.
But he also said that some persons of FSDT were formerly employed at cloud9.
Their forums seems to be pretty much abandoned, though...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 11:07:43 pm »
But he also said that some persons of FSDT were formerly employed at cloud9

Precisely. That scenery was done almost entirely by Alessandro, our scenery designer, when he was employed by Cloud9. So, while it's true that scenery copyrights and support responsibility are Cloud9's, it's also true that whatever update might come, it will be done by him anyway, just like EHAM update for AES.

It's just that KLAX needs a little bit more work comparing to EHAM to support AES but, as far as we are concerned, it should come.

Their forums seems to be pretty much abandoned, though...

Well, we made an upgrade for Bergen couple of days ago. Maybe not exciting like a new product announcement, but at least it shows support for existing products is still there.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 11:10:10 pm by virtuali »

Mike Phyrio

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 11:37:28 pm »
It's just that KLAX needs a little bit more work comparing to EHAM to support AES but, as far as we are concerned, it should come.
Okay, understood in total.
Could you do a guy a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig favor and get ahold of Oliver and reassure him?
I fly about 70% of my flights in and out of KLAX and I just love that scenery. The thought of AES there is like looking forward to a huge pay raise. At last, I'd be able to use the Southwest gates and have something happen with the jetway.
You'd make one person veeeeeeeery happy.

Mike

Ravenouswolf

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 07:50:49 pm »
Hi folks,

is there still a chance that KLAX supports AES or Alessandro won´t do an update?

Greetings
Robert

Dimon

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 09:37:13 pm »
While I fully support the idea of creating AES support for C9 KLAX, I think that in 2009 terms (assuming that KLAX is 3 years old now) it would be more rational to recreate KLAX from the scratch for both FSX and FS2004 under FSDT brand.
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2009, 10:09:57 pm »
While I fully support the idea of creating AES support for C9 KLAX, I think that in 2009 terms (assuming that KLAX is 3 years old now) it would be more rational to recreate KLAX from the scratch for both FSX and FS2004 under FSDT brand.

That is very unlikely at the moment. So at the moment if we could just please get KLAX AES'd, that would be great.

JamesChams

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2009, 10:29:54 pm »
...Their forums seems to be pretty much abandoned, though...

Well, we made an upgrade for Bergen couple of days ago. Maybe not exciting like a new product announcement, but at least it shows support for existing products is still there.
Virtuali,
I just visited Cloud9's site looking for it and I didn't see it posted yet; when you do post it please do let me know.  And, despite your aversion to FSX's DX10 preview mode, I'm hoping that it is now or will be DX10 compatible as well.

Grazie!  :)
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2009, 01:51:57 am »
I just visited Cloud9's site looking for it and I didn't see it posted yet; when you do post it please do let me know.

The Bergen update is there since last year, and it was just posted after the original message you quoted from Jfkpilot:

http://forum.fscloud9.it/viewtopic.php?t=5007

That fixes only SP2 compatibility, nothing else.

JamesChams

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2009, 04:32:11 am »
Virtuali,
Well, you have alluded to some updates/improvements to this product in post(s) over at Cloud9's site....
So, I'm still hoping that this and your FlorenceX & Xcity Rome will get those final "needed" update(s) ...  ;) 

No pressure, ofcourse.  ;D
Ciao!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 04:37:08 am by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2009, 11:47:25 am »
well, you have alluded to some updates/improvements to this product

That's a different thing, and it doesn't necessarily covers updates (or updates only), but we are waiting for Cloud9 decision on this.

CX 747-400

• Beta tester
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2009, 05:46:34 am »
I still check the C9 website several times a week hoping to see info about KLAX and AES. Luckly that version isnt that outdated. The airport hasnt changed hardly at all (except some minor moving of runways :)  ).   
Is there any chance of getting KLAX compatable after completing KDFW?
Keep up the amazing work. Thank you for still taking care of us die hard FS9 fans.
Jonathan

A part of the Flight Sim world since 1983
-----------------------
MS Windows 10 64bit Home / Intel Kaby Lake i7 @4.2 / ASUS MAX IX Hero Motherboard /Corsair DDR4 16.00G Ram /Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Silverbird

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2009, 02:48:52 pm »
Klax definitely still looks good after all theses years, I figure it would be after dfw if that scenery is still be developed.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR