Author Topic: No sound at EHRD  (Read 6827 times)

Gerwil

No sound at EHRD
« on: February 02, 2012, 11:20:31 pm »
So far only at Aerosofts Rotterdam/the hague, theres no GSX sounds only the menu beep sound. Is this a known issue? The scenery has a sound.bgl in its scenery folder but disabling that did not resolve the problem. Any help much appreciated.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No sound at EHRD
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 11:23:16 pm »
It's possible the way that scenery sounds are made, might not be complaint with the cooperative Direct sound mode, which is a way for two applications to share the same sound hardware and mixer.

I don't think it's something we can fix on our end.

Gerwil

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 09:58:24 am »
Umberto, i tried it with all custom scenery's disabled in the Netherlands but still no luck. I tried EHAM (default) and GSX has no sound there also. Now i think it looks like GSX has a problem to determin inside/outside (of airplane) when field elevation is below sea level, and thus plays no sound? I tried EHEH, +74ft elevation, as expected GSX works oke there.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 10:45:35 am »
Now i think it looks like GSX has a problem to determin inside/outside (of airplane) when field elevation is below sea level, and thus plays no sound? I tried EHEH, +74ft elevation, as expected GSX works oke there.

AH! That's interesting, this is something that makes lots of sense. I bet that's the problem, should be fairly easy to fix then.

virtualstuff

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 10:49:53 am »
Same here  ;D

flapsup

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 02:26:04 am »
I am still having an issue with no sound in spot view in most airports. The only airport sound works for me is Aerosoft ESSA. It have very low volume even at default airports. Why just ESSA ?
My camera views are default. And have tried adjustment in the GSX menu, and my sound card shows up correctly.Have tried in all FSDT airports and about 30 aerosoft addons, and you can barley here the GSX vehicles including conveyer. Using the NGX, I can hear them all in wing view,and boarding sounds are ok in cockpit. As I said, only ESSA do I get to hear the GSX vehicles etc in spot view, or tower view.
Have just re downloaded GSX 1.2.1 and that did not fix the problem. Would appreciate some help with this.

Cheers
Julian
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 03:00:50 am by flapsup »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 03:14:55 am »
There was a problem with just the few airports in the world that are below sea level, but other than that, there's no reason why you wouldn't hear any sound in most airport except one.

Instead, it might be an issue that depends on the airplane used, some are making lots of noise when seen from the outside, even when everything is turned off.

Try the default A321, which is quiet when engines are off. The default 747, for example, makes lots of noise even with engines off, and that makes more difficult to hear GSX sounds.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 12:00:06 pm by virtuali »

flapsup

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 04:00:08 am »
Thanks for responding Umberto. Tried the A321 default, and still no sound. I can here AES vehicles if I enable AES, but not GSX. What is puzzling is it works great at ESSA, with the NGX. Most things I can trouble shoot, but this has me beat.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2012, 12:01:01 pm »
Do you have some 3rd party camera-related addon ?

flapsup

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2012, 12:23:25 pm »
Have ezdok, but have tried it disabled. As there is a lot of ezdok users, I thought there would be a lot of users reporting this ? I am using the AoA 737NGX camera files. I am using FS genisis mesh for Europe and US, so that came to mind, but I still have no sound at default airports like NZAA.
Have it working ok only @ ESSA has made this harder to understand.  I am using MTX5.4/UT2 AI traffic. Alan Constables AI sound package, and my sound settings in my FSX cfg are:

[SOUND]
AmbientUIMusicVolume=-6.000000
PrimaryDevice={DEF00000-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03}
VoiceDevice={DEF00002-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03}
SOUND=1
SOUND_QUALITY=2
SOUND_LOD=0
UISound=1
AmbientUI=0
SOUND_FADER1=0.500000
SOUND_FADER2=0.500000
SOUND_FADER3=0.500000
SOUND_FADER4=0.500000
AmbientUIMusic=FSX01

If I set my sound LOD to 1, I lose my AI sound and reverts to default. Hope some of this info helps.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 12:29:46 pm by flapsup »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2012, 01:10:06 pm »
The only thing different from default is the SOUND_LOD. However, this would affect FSX sounds, GSX uses its own sound engine so, the only parameter that might affect it, are the volume sliders, if they were too high it might be difficult to hear GSX sounds, but yours are at default.

Do you have multiple audio devices to choose from in the GSX sound setting page ? If yes, try a different one.

flapsup

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2012, 09:56:07 pm »
Just the one sound device <generic sound device-Realtek digital sound device> as stated in GSX volume settings page. Thanks for your help.