Author Topic: pushback left/right  (Read 6046 times)

Guenseli

pushback left/right
« on: February 02, 2012, 08:56:44 pm »
I do not know how it is in reality, but I struggle every time over the left/right pushback direction.
I used to see it as "Ac nose right" as example, but in GSX it is from the PB drivers view, I think.

Would be nice and less confusing to have it with nose left/right, if possible.

Another nice suggestion would be in relation to the airport to give the possibilities for north/south or east/west..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: pushback left/right
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 09:26:56 pm »
I used to see it as "Ac nose right" as example, but in GSX it is from the PB drivers view, I think.

GSX follows the same convention of the default FSX pusback: if you press Shift+P and then quickly 1, which means left, you'll see the nose of the airplane pointing to the right, just like GSX.

Since GSX reads information from the AFCAD, we had to comply with the FSX standard, otherwise it would be very confusing both to people accustomed to the default, and to scenery designers, who might reasoning with the same FSX standards when they create their AFCADs.

We put a description of the Left and Right definitions in the GSX manual, with a picture too. I think it becomes more clear if you imagine the airplane as seen from the top-down view (like the picture in the manual), and consider the Left/Right directions as the Lower Left or Lower Right areas the airplane will be at the end of the procedure.

Another nice suggestion would be in relation to the airport to give the possibilities for north/south or east/west..

It's already like that, when there's a customization, like for all our airports, several of them offers custom labels saying things like "End up on Taxi C, facing East", instead of the generic "Left/Right".

unity

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 12:04:09 am »
Would it be possible to have pushback straight? Not just left or right.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 12:06:45 am »
I guess yes, that could be fairly easy to do.

unity

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 12:33:44 am »
That would have been great.
Having some problems with pushback at ENGM as an example. The ATC doesn't really like it when the aircraft pushes back onto the taxiway.
I still love the addon though :-D