Author Topic: Aerosoft - Cologne/Bonn  (Read 6035 times)

wardp

Aerosoft - Cologne/Bonn
« on: February 06, 2012, 06:36:05 pm »
I appear to have a problem with Aerosoft Cologbe/Bonn airport. The only option in the GSX menu is Parking. It does not matter whether I am at the Gate or just landed thats the only option I get.
GSX seems to be OK at other airports so far.

Refards
Phil

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Aerosoft - Cologne/Bonn
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 06:46:03 pm »
Strange, works fine here. Aerosoft EDDK has a quick customization made by us, just indicating which gates have jetways so it won't call stairs there.

But, even without it, it should work like any other airport.

Maybe you have another AFCAD in conflict for it ?

wardp

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 08:13:45 pm »
I have just checked all my other Aerosoft airports and they are all fine. I have checked for duplicate AFD files and I only have the Aerosoft file - AF2_eddk_without_static_airplanes.bgl -.
If I load AFX and search for EDDK it only shows the Stock AFD and the above Aerosoft file.

Any ideas?

Phil

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 08:58:34 pm »
That's the correct AFCAD, and I can only say Aerosoft EDDK is working normally, I can see all the different parkings and gates in the GSX menu.

Which gate list you see if you select the Parking entry in the GSX menu ?

flapsup

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 10:09:27 pm »
Phil,
Have you updated your GAP2 to GAP 2012 ? You maybe have the old version of the Afcad ? Just a thought

wardp

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 04:03:03 pm »
My GAP 2 is updated to GAP 2012. I have also updated the Addon Manager to the latest available.

If I start FSX and go to EDDK Gate C3 with the default 737 then start GSX the only option I have is Parking. Selecting that I have the options of
Parking 1 to 4 and after selecting one of them I am asked if I want the Follow Me vehicle. What I actually need is the pushback option.

I completely re-installed W7 & FSX with all its addons last month so GAP 2012 was a fresh install and GAP2 was never on this system if that helps any.

Regards
Phil

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 04:09:09 pm »
This doesn't happen here, the only possible explanation is there's another AFCAD for EDDK in conflict, try to use the free FSX Airport Scanner and see if you have any duplicates for EDDK

wardp

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 08:46:43 pm »
Tried the FSX Airport Scanner and there were no conflicting AFCADS for any German airports. I also found  that GSX was not working at AS EDDT as well as the default EDDK & EDDT.
However after a long process of elimination I discovered that if I disabled the JF Traffic X AFCAD folder then GSX worked at Aerosofts EDDK & EDDT as well as the default EDDK & EDDT. I tried removing the remaining German airport AFCADS in the Traffic X folder an re-enabled the folder in the scenery.cfg but the problem returned. There is obviously something wrong in that folder which for the time being it will remain inactive.

Thanks for all you help which is much appreciated.

Phil