Author Topic: A quick enquiry before I purchase GSX  (Read 4497 times)

machine2035

A quick enquiry before I purchase GSX
« on: February 02, 2012, 01:45:27 pm »
Hi,

Before I make my final decision regarding the purchase of this product, I would just like to make a quick enquiry regarding the possbility of changing the 'type' of airstairs used on the aircraft at the gate. I had a quick look through the manual and couldn't find any info regarding how to change the type of equipment used. For example, is it possible to have these airstairs on the rear door on this a/c: instead of airstairs like this: .. Just an example.. also is it possible to do the same with the tug and baggage trolleys (without covers on the baggage trolleys etc.)

Cheers,
James

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: A quick enquiry before I purchase GSX
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 02:04:54 pm »
Every vehicle has some assignment constraints you can tweak quite easily, usually related the airplane doors height, they are all in the vehicle sim.cfg file, located in Simobjects\Misc\FSDT*.

The [Couatl] section contains everything related to that vehicle that is specific to GSX. For example, the FSDT_Staircase folder contains this in its sim.cfg

condition = %(exitAlt)f >= 2.066

This means that specific stair (this is the covered model similar to the one in your 2nd screenshot) wil only appear if your airplane door is higher that 2.066 meters from ground.

By playing with this parameter, it's possible to control stairs assignment, and it's possible to do more complex expressions like:

condition = %(exitAlt)f >= 2.066 and %(exitAlt)f <= 3.00

Note that you might want to do this on your own custom repaints, because the sim.cfg in the original folders are likely to be overwritten by our future installers. With the PaintKit, new "USER" vehicles folders will be added, so that you can play with them freely, without worrying about GSX eventually overwriting them with future releases.

machine2035

Re: A quick enquiry before I purchase GSX
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 02:06:52 pm »
Every vehicle has some assignment constraints you can tweak quite easily, usually related the airplane doors height, they are all in the vehicle sim.cfg file, located in Simobjects\Misc\FSDT*.

The [Couatl] section contains everything related to that vehicle that is specific to GSX. For example, the FSDT_Staircase folder contains this in its sim.cfg

condition = %(exitAlt)f >= 2.066

This means that specific stair (this is the covered model similar to the one in your 2nd screenshot) wil only appear if your airplane door is higher that 2.066 meters from ground.

By playing with this parameter, it's possible to control stairs assignment, and it's possible to do more complex expressions like:

condition = %(exitAlt)f >= 2.066 and %(exitAlt)f <= 3.00

Note that you might want to do this on your own custom repaints, because the sim.cfg in the original folders are likely to be overwritten by our future installers. With the PaintKit, new "USER" vehicles folders will be added, so that you can play with them freely, without worrying about GSX eventually overwriting them with future releases.

Cheers mate, sounds good.. thanks for the quick reply aswell! :)