Author Topic: DE-ICING  (Read 8568 times)

CaptJohnF

DE-ICING
« on: February 02, 2012, 12:27:16 pm »
FIRST OF ALL : GREAT PRODUCT ! VERY ACCURATE.. LOOKING GOOD AND THE LUGGAGE HANDLING IS OUTSTANDING..HOWEVER WE IN EUROPE HAVE AT THIS MOMENT IN POLAR WEATHER CONDITIONS AND ALTHOUGH
YOU DO MENTION DE-ICING FEATURES I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO ACTIVATE THIS...MOREOVER I HAVEN'T SEEN A PICTURE WHERE WE CAN OBSERVE THIS PROCEDURE... GREETINGS JOHNF

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: DE-ICING
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 12:38:22 pm »
There's no deicing in the current release, we'll surely add it as a free upgrade later one, we already have deicing vehicles (see Zurich for example), we just need to integrate them in GSX.

Scandinavian

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 01:07:44 pm »
When you do, please support deice away from gates. One of the things I missed the most in AES.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 03:32:13 pm »
When you do, please support deice away from gates.

Most airports don't have deicing stations away from the gates.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 03:35:41 pm »
When you do, please support deice away from gates. One of the things I missed the most in AES.

That's a nice suggestion. However, it can only be done at the airport customization level, GSX can't possibly decide on its own were to put the away deicing station, without knowing the airport.

Travis

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 04:44:50 pm »
Is airport customization something that will need to be done by FSDT, or might there be a how-to guide and/or an object library that users and developers could work with?

For example, Scandinavian requested "deicing stations."  If FSDT were to publish a library that included an invisible library object whose presense would define the location and size of a deicing station for GSX, then users (and scenery developers) could place their own.
travis@aivlasoft.com
travis@fscaptain.net

Scandinavian

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 04:59:52 pm »
Most airports don't have deicing stations away from the gates.

Most airports, well I think more than you would think. And here in Scandinavia it's more the norm than a exception.

Would be nice if we could in the future get a small tool, with which we could place out objects like for example deicing stations. And people could share these, like a kind of intelliescene file for airport.

mwilk19

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 05:30:38 pm »
A lot of airports in the US have gotten away from deicing at the gate. I work for US Airways at DFW and the airport has very strict rules about using the dedicated deicing pads. Airports have finally figured out that Ethylene/Propylene glycol draining into the water system is not a good thing. It's also very dangerous for employees and passengers to be walking through areas where glycol has been sprayed as it is very slippery when it gets on your shoes.
Regards,
Mike W.

2600K@4.6 GHZ,Asus P8P67,8GB Mushkin redline DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX480, Noctua NH-D14,NZXT Phantom case,Windows 7 Home Premium X64