Author Topic: Adding aircraft of our own  (Read 11472 times)

dmbusmc

Adding aircraft of our own
« on: February 02, 2012, 03:57:44 am »
Hey, I've read sporadically throughout this new forum that GSX will recognize and utilize intelliscene files, like ones we created using AES. If this is true, how can we make GSX recognize them and use them? For instance, I have intelliscene files for most of my aircraft, especially all of the larger ones that utilize services but are not yet supported natively by GSX. This might also alleviate the requests in the meantime if we can just edit what we have or create new ini's, but before I do it I want to confirm how to do it and if it will work. Thanks and congratulations on another great product!

tf51d

Re: Adding aircraft of our own
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 05:05:09 am »
Hey, I've read sporadically throughout this new forum that GSX will recognize and utilize intelliscene files, like ones we created using AES. If this is true, how can we make GSX recognize them and use them? For instance, I have intelliscene files for most of my aircraft, especially all of the larger ones that utilize services but are not yet supported natively by GSX. This might also alleviate the requests in the meantime if we can just edit what we have or create new ini's, but before I do it I want to confirm how to do it and if it will work. Thanks and congratulations on another great product!

As long as the intelliscene.ini file is in the it's aircraft folder, it will use it, unless it's one that is fully supported by GSX, then it will use it's config. The hierarchy used is GSX optimized, aircraft with the intelliscene.ini file, then FSX exit data in aircraft.cfg.   It will use the first found in that order.

w6kd

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 05:13:26 am »
I think we also need a way to disable the GSX internal config...for example the PMDG MD-11F does not have an aft left door like the pax variant, but the internal config thinks it does, so the script gets locked up because it's waiting for you to open a door that doesn't exist.

Same thing with some acft, like the E-8A Poseidon paint of the PMDG 737...although the model does still have the doors, the acft it's painted to represent does not, so you're expected to open a door that wouldn't exist on the real acft.

Some way to force off the internal GSX config so we could provide an alternate with an intelliscene file or with aircraft.cfg params would be useful.

Regards

Bob Scott
Colonel, USAF (ret)
ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V
Colorado Springs, CO

Orion

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 05:22:57 am »
I think we also need a way to disable the GSX internal config...for example the PMDG MD-11F does not have an aft left door like the pax variant, but the internal config thinks it does, so the script gets locked up because it's waiting for you to open a door that doesn't exist.

Same thing with some acft, like the E-8A Poseidon paint of the PMDG 737...although the model does still have the doors, the acft it's painted to represent does not, so you're expected to open a door that wouldn't exist on the real acft.

Some way to force off the internal GSX config so we could provide an alternate with an intelliscene file or with aircraft.cfg params would be useful.

From Umberto in another thread (http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=5492.0):

if the airplane is not recognized by GSX, you can use or create an intelliscene file in your aircraft folder (maybe modify one that someone might have made for it), and if you remove a door, GSX will obey and not enable something (like stairs, for example).

If the airplane is recognized by GSX, the intelliscene file will not be read BUT, you can (if you really want, but it's not really suggested) override the GSX internal database and force it to use your intelliscene file, and add the following lines to it:

[couatl]
priority = 3

This will force GSX to use the intelliscene file in the airplane main folder, instead of the internal data, even if the airplane is supported natively by GSX. However, by doing so, you'll lose any additional features that GSX has for some airplanes, like custom doors commands and detection of ground connection so, it's not really recommended.

dmbusmc

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 05:29:30 am »
Great guys, thank you for the info. Orion, I just found that thread simultaneously as you posted it, and am about to give it a test run. I applied it to 3 different aircraft and will report back. I insured in ini. files were valid and will test them now with the .cfg ini addition, and hope it works. Thank you again.

w6kd

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 04:01:44 am »

From Umberto in another thread (http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=5492.0):

if the airplane is not recognized by GSX, you can use or create an intelliscene file in your aircraft folder (maybe modify one that someone might have made for it), and if you remove a door, GSX will obey and not enable something (like stairs, for example).

If the airplane is recognized by GSX, the intelliscene file will not be read BUT, you can (if you really want, but it's not really suggested) override the GSX internal database and force it to use your intelliscene file, and add the following lines to it:

[couatl]
priority = 3

This will force GSX to use the intelliscene file in the airplane main folder, instead of the internal data, even if the airplane is supported natively by GSX. However, by doing so, you'll lose any additional features that GSX has for some airplanes, like custom doors commands and detection of ground connection so, it's not really recommended.

Thanks Orion...I tried that, however with the priority option specified, when the door commands in the PMDG MD-11F's FMS menu are used to open/close doors, GSX doesn't recognize them.

What I'm hoping for is a separate internal GSX profile specific to the PMDG MD-11F freighter, especially considering that the overwhelming majority of MD-11s in service now are freighters.

Regards

Bob Scott
Colonel, USAF (ret)
Colorado Springs, CO

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 11:32:21 am »
I tried that, however with the priority option specified, when the door commands in the PMDG MD-11F's FMS menu are used to open/close doors, GSX doesn't recognize them.

Which is exactly what I've said:

However, by doing so, you'll lose any additional features that GSX has for some airplanes, like custom doors commands and detection of ground connection so, it's not really recommended.

What I'm hoping for is a separate internal GSX profile specific to the PMDG MD-11F freighter, especially considering that the overwhelming majority of MD-11s in service now are freighters.

But the MD-11F IS supported by GSX, there shouldn't be any need for an intelliscene, what is exactly the problem with the configuration we supplied ?

w6kd

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 03:54:41 pm »
Umberto;

The supplied config for the MD-11F thinks there's a rear left cabin door on the jet like there is on the pax version (there isn't).  It rolls a stair truck up the the tail as well.  So when the script calls for me to open the nonexistent aft L door, it pings and pings and the script won't progress past that point.

Regards

Bob Scott
Colonel, USAF (ret)
Colorado Springs, CO

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 03:57:43 pm »
Ok, we'll look into it.

w6kd

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2012, 06:40:35 am »
Is there a changelog posted somewhere so we can tell when this and other reported issues have been fixed?

Regards

Bob Scott
Colonel, USAF (ret)
Colorado Springs, CO

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2012, 07:54:05 am »
The Live update has an option to read the release notes that lists all the updates. Sorry, will look into the MD11-F problem as soon as possible.

w6kd

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2012, 02:01:16 am »
Thanks...also there's a similar problem with the PMDG B747-400F where the script is looking for the center cargo door to open, which appears to be a different door than the one on the passenger B744.

Regards

Bob Scott
Colonel, USAF (ret)
Colorado Springs, CO

eastern

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2012, 06:00:27 am »
Bob,
The cargo door is located on the Capt. side aft wing. It’s found on cargo and combi 747’s, MD-11F and 777F.
I hope this helps I do not own the PMDG 747 yet. I do not foresee GSX trying to locate this door yet but I could be wrong. One other aircraft that fits the bill would be the Concorde which has a cargo door located under the fuselage forward wing section.   
Regards,
Rob   

w6kd

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2012, 05:33:37 pm »
  The supplied config for the MD-11F thinks there's a rear left cabin door on the jet like there is on the pax version (there isn't).  It rolls a stair truck up the the tail as well.  So when the script calls for me to open the nonexistent aft L door, it pings and pings and the script won't progress past that point.

Did this problem with the MD-11F ever get fixed?

Regards

Bob Scott
Colonel, USAF (ret)
Colorado Springs, CO

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2012, 08:37:53 pm »
Did this problem with the MD-11F ever get fixed?

Of *course* if wil be fixed, there's no need to imply it might not. In fact, we fixed already, but can't just publish the fix, because the aircraft database has been updated to support the cargo loaders, so we can't release it without having the rest of the update ready.