Author Topic: Three things that I don't understand  (Read 7572 times)

GrizzW

Three things that I don't understand
« on: February 02, 2012, 12:47:33 am »
Windows XP Pro, dual core processor running FSX.   1.  When I pull into the gate the Marshall just stands there with wands in hand (lowered).  Doesn't move, just stands there.  After I set the brakes and shut down the engines he then goes over to the push back tractor.  2. The baggage handler is not there (invisible)  3.  The caterer guy is also invisible.  The catering carts and bags just move as if by magic.   First try was with default KSFO and the with KSEA.  Haven't tried any other yet.  Any Ideas?

Kind Regards
Grizz Wallace
SEA
M. E. "Grizz" Wallace.  Simmin' since Commodore 64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Three things that I don't understand
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 12:51:21 am »
FSX has a built-in optimization that we can't control, that it turns off all animations after a certain viewing distance, likely to save some fpx.

It's possible you were looking from too far, so animations were stopped, try to view closer.

GrizzW

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 01:04:20 am »
Marshaller never moves at all.  Whether I'm in the cockpit or viewing from outside.  Bag guy and catering guy are not there, just he bags and carts transfer all by themselves.  I'm viewing as close as I can get from outside view.  I downloaded with all anti virus off and made sure it was off when I installed it.

If I remove the program to reinstall it I will also remove all connection to KLAS and AES as well; is that correct?

Thanks again and kind regards.  I thought sure the marshal at least move his hands.

Grizz Wallace
SEA

P.S. Program is purchased and registered.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 01:06:32 am »
Sorry, but it just doesn't happen here, and nobody else has reported it.

It can't be anything related to the antivirus, if your antivirus blocked it, you would't see anything, no GSX menu, no buildings at KLAX, no Couatl and Addon Manager menu, nothing...

If I remove the program to reinstall it I will also remove all connection to KLAS and AES as well; is that correct?

AES ? You mean GSX maybe ?

GrizzW

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 01:16:12 am »
No, I was thinking that since I have AES installed with KLAS, that the removal would impact that as well.  I don't see a separate item in program removal for GSX.  Looks like I would have to remove the whole area that is connected to all your software.  Just a little confused at this point.

Kind Regards
Grizz Wallace
SEA

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 01:19:06 am »
I don't see a separate item in program removal for GSX.  Looks like I would have to remove the whole area that is connected to all your software.  Just a little confused at this point.

I'm not sure I'm following you, why would you expect to see a removal option for AES in the GSX installer ? AES has its own set of files and they are not touched by any of our installers.

GrizzW

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 01:56:17 am »
Okay, understood.  You pointed me in the right direction I have solved the problem and along with my thanks to you I'm posting what I was doing wrong.  So that other folks my see what we did. 

The "Advanced Animations" was unchecked in the settings menu in FSX scenery panel.  That's all it was, and until you pointed me there with your post, I don't think I would have figured it out.

It is so pleasing to have these facilities available all over.  Now I have to start each flight sooner and add more time to my realistic flying  ::) ;)

Thank you for a great product.  Now I'm really having fun. 

Kind regards
Grizz Wallace
SEA

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 02:30:57 am »
The "Advanced Animations" was unchecked in the settings menu in FSX scenery panel.  That's all it was, and until you pointed me there with your post, I don't think I would have figured it out.

Yes, of course. I haven't thought about it immediately. Maybe we should set that option automatically in the installer. It's needed by the jetways too.

GrizzW

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 03:36:26 am »
Yes, excellent idea.  Thanks again for your help.

Great program

Kind Regards
Grizz Wallace
Sea